about IONetworking.kext , it just stops..

.javi

13 posts in this topic

well the problem is that i can surf using the ethernet for a while, but it randomly stops and then

i have to reboot to surf again.

im using Broadcom 440x, on tiger i didnt had that issue.

tried putting the IONetworking that some ppl said it worked on tiger but doesnt load.

repair permissions but doesnt work...

had to put back the Leopard IONetworking.kext and now internet works again, but

im afraid it will do the same "Stops" is doing atm.

im only using the messenger, azureus, browsing atm... soo what could be wrong? thx for the info. =)

I have the exact same error. The ethernet connection randomly gets disconnected in Leopard.

I found that using skge.kext (found here) worked when used in conjunction with the 10.4.10 ionetworkingfamily.kext. Unless I used it, I'd lose the internet connection upon reboot unless I flushed the kext cache.

Did you repair permissions on ionetworking like this?:

sudo chmod -R 755 ionetworking.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel ionetworking.kext

Hmm , first time I see other people with the same problem.

I tried 2 network cards and have the same problem.

When I do a kextunload and then a kextload it works again.

But I think this is not a good way to work.

Hope to see some good sollution.

Greetz

Axethrower

• 1 month later...

Anyone ever find a solution to this? My Intel D945 board does the same thing. Internet just disappears after a while and I cannot access the router. Other machines using the same router are unaffected. Only a reboot solves it.

It's weird - it's only when the connection is repeatedly used. I can leave a download going for hours by itself and it's not a problem, however surfing various sites causes it to go.

_loosh_

• 3 weeks later...
well the problem is that i can surf using the ethernet for a while, but it randomly stops and then

i have to reboot to surf again.

im using Broadcom 440x, on tiger i didnt had that issue.

tried putting the IONetworking that some ppl said it worked on tiger but doesnt load.

repair permissions but doesnt work...

had to put back the Leopard IONetworking.kext and now internet works again, but

im afraid it will do the same "Stops" is doing atm.

im only using the messenger, azureus, browsing atm... soo what could be wrong? thx for the info. =)

I have the exact same problem on my pc. I don't know why it does that. I tried 2 different network cards. A via rhine 2 and a realtek 8139 wich is natively supported. Same thing. The motherboard has a VIA 880 pro chipset (ASROCK 775Dual-VSTA). On my laptop on the other hand i do not have this problem using the integrated realtek 8139. The chipset is an intel 945express with a core duo t2450.

Hope someone can help.

• 1 year later...
does anybody know a network adapter that works on the 775dual-vsta consistantly?

same friggn problem ;)

Im also having this problem. My MB is 4coreDual-Sata2. I think the problem is related to our chipset.

I also tried two different cards: Via Rhine II (onboard) and a Realtek 8139 pci card.

Im suspicious thats something with the CPU timing altough I dont know yet how to fix it.

Ive heard that if you use CPUS=1, you dont have that problem, but thats unacceptable, in my opinion, because I dont want a single core mac when using my quad core machine...

Maybe something with the BIOS: Either an option or a patched hacked bios...