Memory on iMacs!....Help

DT23

6 posts in this topic

hi guys...i need to know which memory i have to buy for the new iMac's....is it PC2-5300 SDRAM or PC2-5300 SO-DIMMS.........because im really confuse about that!...

i would apreciatte if somebody could help me!...

Thankss!!!....=)

I just bought and installed two 2GB sticks of RAM into my new Aluminum Mac. I have the 20" model with 2.4Ghz.

The memory you have to buy is the SODIMM type, which is the laptop type. You only have two slots so to max it out you need two 2GB sticks. Here is the exact product I bought: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820231147.

Came out to be $150ish with shipping and everything. Sure beats the $700 upgrade Apple charges for 4GB! It works very smooth right now, but honestly it ran almost exactly the same when it had 2GB. I suppose I will feel a bigger difference once I start heavily multitasking.

=)....well thankss!...now i can buy my 4gb of ram!...they get really cheap if you buy them like if they were for a laptob than for the mac!...xD...xD....one last question!...should i buy a gskill memory rather thant a a-data memory?