Leopard and Marvell Yukon 88E8050 card

jabber49

8 posts in this topic

The "flat install" went flawless and everything seems to be working except my ethernet car MY 88E8050.

I have tried a thousand different things...and i still cant get it to work. Anyone have a working 88E8050 with leopard?

Also every change i make to the AppleYukon2.kext keeps saying it is improperly installed...i have also tried to add the old AppleYukon.kext with the changes to the 88E8036 device id...no workey

ANY IDEAS

I have a Yukon also, and got it working with Leopard. Its a differnt version, but should work the same.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=28680

Make sure you do repair permissions after, that is why its saying its improperly installed. If you dont know how to do this, the easiest way I can tell you is to go into Disk Utility and click First Aid > Repair Disk Permissions on the Leopard partition.

Assuming you set up your device id/etc right it should work.

Problem with LAN showing up as disconnected. Do the following.- Go to System Preferences, Click on the network icon.- On the left pane select your ethernet, on the right pane where it says "Configure" select "off".- Click apply.- Now back to "Configure" select "Using DHCP". Click apply.- Your LAN should be working by now.

I'm sorry, I'm clearly missing something. How does that thread help leopard users? There's no mention of Leopard anywhere, and Leopard doesn't have the AppleYukon.kext, only Yukon2.
Then edit the Yukon2.kext like you did on the Yukon.kext. Its basically the same kext except that it added support for several variations of the Marvell chipset.

• 2 weeks later...