Help me installing Leopard please.

finebykris

18 posts in this topic

When I use a patched DVD i burnt (demonoid by mmcornick), i boot from it and i get the following message after the disc loading dashes:

System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

_

Is this normal? Does it mean I need to install tiger first? if so, how do I ?

Also, where can i find the latest USB drvie drivers to patch it during the installation once i get it working?

thanks

Kris

post-147602-1193826298_thumb.jpg

Person above me is completely right. NO jMicron BUT AHCI-Mode

Try switching your DVD-ROM to one set of ports (S-ATA) and the drive you want to install on another.

Remove all other drives (you can plug them in after install and they just work fine, even the ones on the jMicron.

ENABLE THE AHCI-MODE! :)

After I really switched to AHCI and got Vista working again (hard work though) every both installs of MAC (Leopard, Tiger) worked really smoothly.

So I can really recommend AHCI.

Have fun with Leopard, after installing!

mobo is asus p5b-deluxe

ich8r is 6 sata ports... here is what i have set up:

1: Unformated (desired leo drive)

2: vista

3: n/a

4: n/a

5: Storage drive/backup

6:n/a

My j-micron consists of 1 sata and 1 ide

the sata is unplugged

and my dvd drive is on the ide

is that setup ok?

what should be switched to ahci? (hard drive = compatibility or ahci?)

and what setting should my j-micron be? raid, ide or ahci (for my dvd drive)

ANYONE?

why does the brazilmac patched dvd show up as 482 kb in windows disc properties?

why doesnt it boot up?

if i remember right? that happened with my tiger dvd also. I think its because the disc is formatted in hfs. I installed macdrive and then i could see the entire contents of the cd.

Why dont u download the macdrive demo and check?

When I use a patched DVD i burnt (demonoid by mmcornick), i boot from it and i get the following message after the disc loading dashes:

System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

_

Is this normal? Does it mean I need to install tiger first? if so, how do I ?

Also, where can i find the latest USB drvie drivers to patch it during the installation once i get it working?

thanks

Kris

You must install tiger first and then install Leopard Brazilian on the same partition, I had the same error message ;)

Also there's other methods to make it boot, but I advice you to use this one.

Then don't forget to PostPatch your Leo :)

similar problem for me: on an acer aspire 9920, all disks that I try (kalyway 2 versions of 10.5 (different checksum), and

also Jas Tiger installation disk that I tried, often crashs during installation befor

the graphical user interface is loaded. SOmetimes they crash with "Sysconfig file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found", more often at other , different stages.

And when finally after a couple of tries I could install KAlyway Leopard, it crashes after boot with the apple logo on the grey screen.

I don't have any possibility in the BIOS to change the dataflow between DVD-Drive and computer.

Has anyone one idea?

ANd has anyone a md5 checksum of the working kalyway ISO?