Anyone try Leopard on VMWare?

VoeN

66 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
performance is good overall, but I do have 4GB of ram of which 2GB for the Leopard VM. when I set it to use 1GB or less, it slows down incredibly.the maxxuss kexts don't work AFAIK, at least not the binary one. I'm still looking for the source to recompile them for leopard.
nice i run leopard on vmware take a look 10.5.1 http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=whlXU-TFOHw
Hey There!I'v tried to get Mac OS x86 Leopard working on VMware and I'm using Leopard patched with 9a581 GM by BrazilMac.When i tryed using the .iso file, i failed trying to install.They error i recive is " PXE-E53: No boot filename recive ", " Operating system not found ".Anyone got any tips.Is there a chance that the patch did not work?Appreciate any help / suggestions.Yours Thankfully,SaiN :)
i run mac os x 10.5.1 leopard on vmware here is the proof http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=whlXU-TFOHw
This should theoretically work for Widnows too since it's just source code. There's some information about compiling qemu under Windows here: http://maiux.com/qemu-windows-binaries-compile-howto
i run mac os x 10.5.1 leopard on vmware here it is http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=whlXU-TFOHw

Hi mate,

have you had any luck with installing iATKOS ir2 on VMWare?

If you have ould you tell me how you did it.

Thank you for your time

Please can you help

NSCXP2005

OK, iATKOS ir2 is currently installing within VMware 6.0.2 (still waiting for it to finish).

FreeBSD x64, removed SCSI VMDK HD replaced with IDE VMDK HD, used GParted to set it up as GUID/GPT.

Only HW in the vmx file currently is Memory (1024 MB), IDE HD, CDROM (using a burned copy, mounted ISO didn't work so well), Display, 1 Processor. So for now I have removed USB, Sound, Ethernet, Floppy. I'll try adding some of those back in if the install actually finishes...

:unsure:

I'm doing an install of Kalyway 10.5.2 on VMware, so far so good. Its booting the DVD just fine, no kernel panic or anything...I'll post progress here. As usual the Kalyway DVD takes forever to boot, DVD drive is working like crazy but it seems to be going just fine. What I plan on doing is a MBR EFI install with a netkas patched kernel and macdotnub SMBIOS. We'll see how it goes...

* Well, the spinny thing is still going on the DVD, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. No HD or CD-ROM activity, maybe its normal, I don't know, but theres no lockup or kernel panic so I'm still hopeful.

* Doesn't seem to be working. It seems to just hang. I'm booting it in verbose right now to see if I can catch what stalls it.

* Whole ton of errors there. Just booted it now with -x -v -f cpus=1 and it seems to be working better now, see how it goes :D W00T dsmos.kext just started, thats good. I think it just might get into setup this time :D

* Seems to hang now at "dsmos: Starting...". I'm trying now with Floppy/Serial/Parallel disabled and guest OS set to Darwin.

* Same hang, trying it now with 2 CPUs and without cpus=1

* Trying it again with some custom settings...

* No go. Getting Leopard flat image right now

• 7 months later...

Bump

I see tons of peeps trying to install Leopard on a VM ware while using windows as the host machine. This was easy in tiger and leopard. My issue is i that i have Leopard 10.5.5 on a Gateway M-6816 and can run Windows inside VMware and windows runs better..haha..but what i want to do is Run Leopard or Tiger in VMware inside my Leopard installation....alot of the errors i get are the same ones, you all get when trying to do it with in windows. But i have not had any successes. Any ideas?

• 6 years later...

Will Someone with a Clean Install on VMware Kindly provide Us with a nice Tutorial.... The service will be Greatly Appreciated..... ( Hint: ¤¤¤ or if you prefer khlymore .... Pleeeaaassse ) :( :( :( :(

The long time dead man of leopard is now back arround, remember me?