Leopard installation problem

homers

15 posts in this topic

Hi

I have burnt a copy of BrazilMacs patched 4.37GB Leopard DVD. I tried to boot into it and I get the "still waiting for root device" error. I got the same error in Tiger aswell.

Here is my computers spec:

CPU = Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

Motherboard = ABIT IB9

Graphics card = NVidia GeForce 8800GTX

DVD Drive 1 = Sony 16x ROM IDE

DVD Drive 2 = Pioneer 12x DVD+/-RW IDE

DVD Drive 3 = Lite-On SATA 20x DVD+/-

Hard Drive 1 = Western Digital Caviar SE SATAII 320GB

Hard Drive 2 = Maxtor SATA1 160GB

Sound Card = Creative X-FI X-Treme Music

Firewire = Pinnacle Firewire card

USB Card with 2 USB slots

What can I do to fix this? I really need this to work. Please help.

Thanks very much

EDIT: Just thought I would add that this is the bit that seems to cause the problem:

ERROR: FlreWlre unable to determine security-mode: defaulting to full-secure.

Extension "com.appLe.driver.iTunesPhoneDriverm has no explicit kernel dependency;

Still waiting for root device...

You are getting the "Still waiting for bood device" error, that means that Leapord can't see your harddrive. You need the Kext for your controller. If you have tiger on your computer, then try the one from tiger... The firewire thing is normal. I get it every boot, and it works just fine :)

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I do not have Tiger on this computer but I have it on a Dell computer elsewhere. What is the name of the kext file, what do I do with it and where do I find it?

Considering that TIger also had this error on the same computer are you sure that will work?

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I do not have Tiger on this computer but I have it on a Dell computer elsewhere. What is the name of the kext file, what do I do with it and where do I find it?

Considering that TIger also had this error on the same computer are you sure that will work?

Thanks

change ur SATA settings to AHCI in BIOS and try again.

I am very familiar with this error in 10.4.8. For me on my Asus P5B-Deluxe/Wifi this is what I had to do

1. Hard drive where OS X is to be installed on the 1st SATA port

2. DVD drive installed on the 2nd SATA port

in BIOS mode is set to IDE <- yes IDE

Install OS X

after install is done reboot, go into BIOS and change to ACHI.

Not sure if any of this will help you or not.

Hi

So does anyone have any idea on how I can fix this?

i have tried so many combinations but I still get "still waiting for root device"

The hard drive I am wanting to install this on has some files on it as it used to back up my documents but now they are backedup elsewhere. Does it need to be formatted in a certain way?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...