Brazilmac

Alexb01

13 posts in this topic

I am busy trying to install the Brazilmac SL DVD of leopard. I can't get past the grey logo at the begining of the installer. I have been waiting for a good 10-15 mins now, has anyone else found it take this long?

Thanks,

Alex

I am busy trying to install the Brazilmac SL DVD of leopard. I can't get past the grey logo at the begining of the installer. I have been waiting for a good 10-15 mins now, has anyone else found it take this long?

Thanks,

Alex

I'm glad you brought that up. Mine took over an hour at the grey logo screen before I just decided to restart my computer.

I decided to re-download the .iso, since I stopped/started it so many times yesterday. I'm also going to burn it at 2x just to be sure.

I also had a problem with this, albeit a slightly different one. Tried booting with "-v" and "-s" and combinations thereof, only to see my system reboot right after it loaded all kexts into memory. Or at least it appears to happen at the end. I also tried booting into Vista and running Daemon Tools, and booting the disc up that way, but once it gets to that point, I get a "stack fault in kernel mode" error. I can't remember the exact wording as I'm at work now, but I was hoping someone could shed some light on this.

TIA

My system:

ECS P4M800PRO-M 1.0A (2GB DDR2 PC4-4200 RAM)

Pentium D 930 3.0 Ghz

Nvidia GeForce FX5500

320 GB Western Digital SATA II HD

Pioneer DVR-111D IDE DVD burner

If you have any luck I'd love to hear how. I've decided to download the full dual-layer version which I will burn when it eventually downloads and see if that is any better.

Seeing as no one else seemed to have this problem I was wondering if its something to do with my Hardware here are a few specs, if your's are similar maybe we can put this down to some hardware:

Motherboard: MSI-7046

Processor: Pentium 4 650 (3.4 GHz)

Graphics card: ATI Radeon x700 pro

While luckily I did not face this problem, it does not look like this is limited to just Hackintosh systems. According to this article many upgraders are getting delays several hours long on their first reboot.

See article:

http://www.computerworld.com/action/articl...ticleId=9044378

Apple Discussion Thread:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?t...=0&tstart=0

i have the same problem! Just hangs on the grey apple screen and the circle loading icon just stops. Same thing happens in verbose mode just with text! its gets to something about cannot chck how many files are in com.apple.system. something. Is there any way i can get round this? anyone have any ideas? cheers!

System: Asrock 775i65g

Intel Core 2 Duo E4300

1 GB DDR 400 Ram

160GB IDE HDD

NEC DVDRW Drive

I'm just trying using "-v -x".... Went smoothly for about 5 min then...

It just stopped and threw up this this:

"ERROR: FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure"

Then after another minute it did something and now it keeps looping through some code the bulk of which is just lines saying:

"SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE Failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x03, ASC = 0x11, ASCQ = 0x05"

:)

Edit: After googling the SAM multimedia errors, places suggest a problem with the disk so I will now burn again slowly at 2x speed and keep my fingers crossed...

I installed successfully. It's a little confusing as what to do next. I have downloaded the patched dvd. So do I run the postpatch sh? or the patch sh? Also, I set the drive to boot using fdisk and also bless it as well. I then get invalid hfs partition or something.

I installed successfully. It's a little confusing as what to do next. I have downloaded the patched dvd. So do I run the postpatch sh? or the patch sh? Also, I set the drive to boot using fdisk and also bless it as well. I then get invalid hfs partition or something.

u need to run the postpatch script only, this can be done from another osx installation or a usb pen drive.

if u still can't it work after postpatch/bless, maybe you should try to install Tiger first, then overwrite w/Leopard.

check

http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/658/howt...ot-setup-guide/