Leopard Hack Issues (Kalyway 537)

tops

6 posts in this topic

Hardware in signature... current issues:

GMA950 works without QE/CI. Installed selecting the GMA950 package.

• Possible Solution: Don't choose any installer VGA package (according to another
    • (I tried deleting all GMA kexts, but still no QE/CI)

Broadcom 440x does not work. Airport icon doesn't appear in menubar, and in network ethernet shows as No IP Address

• Possible Solution: IONetworkFamily/IO802811Family show kext errors on load... perhaps the packages didn't install correctly and a reinstallation of the packages from the CD would be good?

Sigmatel 9200 HD also does not work. This is out of the box though... I have not made any changes.

• Possible Solution: AppleHDAPatcher w/ proper dump, or fixed AppleHDA/ALCinject by Tbcarey in Genius Bar. I haven't made an effort to solve this issue quite yet.

Root user access doesn't work in Terminal, missing in Utilities folder

• Possible Solution: NO idea... this one is a problem with the install DVD as far as I am aware. No sudo, after entering password it just goes back to a non-root prompt.

These are really the major issues at the moment. Anyone have any suggestions? I am willing to trial and error fix this thing, really for the betterment of the entire scene, but also because I want this working. Let me know what you think I should try.

Hi there,

I fixed airport in leo by going into my root account on 10.4.10, then replacing the airport IO80211Family.kext and all airport kexts in leo with the 10.4.10 kexts. I also replaced ALCinject and AppleHDA kexts from 10.4.10 to get my sound working in leo. There is some pretty weird permissions stuff going on in kalyway leo. I have managed to get everything going apart from my firewire 800 card which works in 10.4.10 and I can see the device id in the leo kexts but the system still shows max speed 400 from the onboard firewire ports. Can't quite work out why it does not work.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a problem where it starts up after installing but resets the computer just about when the grey apple logo should come up, and it doesn't say why it does this. I tried -x, -v and -s and it doesn't even get to the user/password dialog in darwins' single user mode. :)

Anyone got an idea on how to solve this?

thanks in advance