GA-P35-DS4

RitoN

12 posts in this topic

I was surprised since there are no thread for this great motherboard. So here is one.

For now, my own configuration is not working.

I've tested kalyway 10.4.10 installer and Xxx_10.4.10 installer. I have noticed two different behaviour. For XxX the SATA is working. For kalyway, I was obliged to put my HDD in IDE mode (bios option) to be able to install that version. In each case, I'm using the orange SATA port of the motherboard.

In both case, I'm not able to load OSX correctly. The only way for me is to use the safe mode in which the network is available. I need more time to make some other attempt.

Which are the version of OSX86 you are running with that mobo ?

I choose the radeon 2600 XT as my graphic card, since apple is using ATI gfx in its own computers. I though it'll be easier to install for me... But I was wrong. It seems I need to install specific drivers (what I'm still not able to do) and moreover, it seems it need to use a VGA adapter. I got one but I don't know how and where to plug it. (I know where to plug the adapter, but which is the first port on my gfx card, then are there any options to activate on the card (jumpers ?))

What are the graphic card you are running with ?

For the network, it seems the realtek R1000 driver is working.

For the embedded sound card, the driver seems to be alc889a that is easy to find in the forum. My question about that is : does the azalia driver we can found in the installer DVD work correctly ?

I hope we can make this thread as complete as possible since that motherboard is great and seems to be perfectly working. I especially want to know if someone is running leopard on it cause I think it will already manage the radeon HD 2600 XT.

Great board, highly recommended!

My details.

Hardware:

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 rev.1.1

BIOS updated to ver. F7

CPU Intel Core 2 Duo Q6600 (400x8 FSB) 3.2GHz

RAM 2x1GB Corsair 800MHz

USB DVD drive

HDD 500GB WD AAKS (SATA) connected to the orange ports.

nVidia 7900GS 256MB PCI-E (CI/QE )Ok

RME PCI 9632 Audio card using Mac driver from RME site

BIOS Settings:

F7

SATA RAID/AHCI Mode: AHCI

SATA Port 0-3 Native Mode: Enabled

Onboard SATA/IDE Device: Enabled

Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode: AHCI

ACPI Suspend Type: S3 (STR)

Used Jas 10.4.8 SSE2 SSE3 then updated with 10.4.10 Koolkal.

All working great.

Xbench test: 201

There is also another P35-DS4 thread, which contains lots of useful info.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/ndex.php?sho...c=61187&hl=

thats odd when i have SATA Port 0-3 Native Mode: Enabled my keyboard stops working and i run into other issues. but i am using the XXX 10.4.10 release. maybe i'll try uphuck. i also get into issues of my ethernet card would just stop working out of no where. i would have to reinstall osx just to get it back.

have any of you had the same problems?

With XxX 10.4.10 I used the MBR option as the partition table scheme on my Sata drive and it worked after that (yellow ICHR9 port with AHCI in BIOS enabled and SATA Port 0-3 native enabled). Since then I have gone JaS 10.4.8 with Koolkal 10.4.10 combo update, but did not change partition table scheme. As far as I know, the JaS 10.4.8 dvd does not have a disk utility version with an options button that allows to select the MBR partition table scheme. I'm using BIOS F7 on my GA-P35-DS4 rev2.0

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I am currently setting up a hackintosh for a friend. We chose this board for his system based on the great things being said about it here in the forums. Everything works very well, but I'm noticing that when "SATA RAID/AHCI Mode: AHCI" is set in the BIOS, we're losing the ability to have sound come out of our front panel audio output. When the mode is set to "Disabled" the front panel audio output works, but obviously hard drive performance is gone. Unfortunately, my friend is a bit of a headphone-junky, so not having the front panel audio working would be a bit of a downer, but it's a lot better than having poor hard drive performance :wacko: Does anyone know of a way we can get the front panel audio working in AHCI mode? If not, could anyone explain why this is even an issue? Seems a bit odd considering the back (on-board) audio output works fine in both modes. Perhaps this is an ICH9 thing?? :D

Thanks,

Agra

No idea for the front audio output.

But I'm running with ChaOSX 10.4.10, the only version that makes my graphic card working.

I tried to upgrade it to 10.5 but no success ... I have to wait for a newer release of 10.5.

My XBench score is 146.

• 1 month later...
..any of u have got sleep working? please specify which rev.MB u Have.

:(

It's not working for me, but when I'm not using it, I shut it down otherwhise, I just activate the screen sleep mode.

• 2 weeks later...
but I'm noticing that when "SATA RAID/AHCI Mode: AHCI" is set in the BIOS, we're losing the ability to have sound come out of our front panel audio output.

I can confirm this too on my GA-P35-DS3L.

Rear audio works great.

Laas

• 3 weeks later...
Great board, highly recommended!

My details.

Hardware:

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 rev.1.1

BIOS updated to ver. F7

CPU Intel Core 2 Duo Q6600 (400x8 FSB) 3.2GHz

RAM 2x1GB Corsair 800MHz

USB DVD drive

HDD 500GB WD AAKS (SATA) connected to the orange ports.

nVidia 7900GS 256MB PCI-E (CI/QE )Ok

RME PCI 9632 Audio card using Mac driver from RME site

BIOS Settings:

F7

SATA RAID/AHCI Mode: AHCI

SATA Port 0-3 Native Mode: Enabled

Onboard SATA/IDE Device: Enabled

Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode: AHCI

ACPI Suspend Type: S3 (STR)

Used Jas 10.4.8 SSE2 SSE3 then updated with 10.4.10 Koolkal.

All working great.

Xbench test: 201

There is also another P35-DS4 thread, which contains lots of useful info.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/ndex.php?sho...c=61187&hl=

Hi,

you got ACPI S3 working? Is there any magic trick? I only got S1 working. Anyway my board is a GA-P35-DS3 an no 10.4.10 Update. Will give 10.5.1 a try.

Greetings Wolfi