OSx86 10.4.10 startup problem on Battery Power

CyberDuc748

8 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I'm running XXX_OSX86 10.4.10 on my Thinkpad T41. I've been using this for two weeks now without major problems. It also seems to be more snappy and stable compared to the Jas 10.4.8 that I had previously installed. Everything is working fine including Atheros using the 10.4.5 kext. All the apple update works except for the Airport Extreme 2007-002 which breaks my WiFi. I'm able to get it working again by replacing the IO80211Family.kext again with the 10.4.5 version.

My only problem is the system hangs on boot up under battery power. Boots file when plug to the power supply. It also runs OK on battery if I un-plug after boot up.

I've searched this site as well as Hackintosh looking for a fix without success. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jerome

PS. I also posted this at Hackintosh - sorry if it's considered a double post.

Hi,

I have this issue with uphuck 10.4.9 on HP 510 laptop. It would probably be considered normal behaviour if the battery were actually empty. Also, wake up from sleep doesn't work, probably for the same reason. I tried the various hacks of PowerManagement.bundle available, but so far without success. You might try without any power management. You would loose the battery indicator, but at least it should start without the power chord attached.

I have a friend with the thinkpad t42 and he is experiencing the same exact problems but they seem to go away when the laptop is plugged into mains power. It seems to me that laptops like the TP t42 have some sort of hard wired speed step technology that throttles down the CPU based on battery life...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive had the same issue, unfortunately in my BIOS i cant disable speedstep, Vaio TX651p... I have noticed that on battery it runs teh lowest it can, and without a speedstep kernel it will start (and stay at 600) but with a speedstep kernel on batteries it hangs... plug it in, and its fine.

Can anyone think of what may cause the hang up with the speedstep kernel? its 8.9.1 - 8.8.1 semthex will boot fine!

That is now my only issue on the Vaio - I orded a Dell 1490 PCIe card for my wireless ($15!!), and will likely toss XP altogether if it works!