Comparable recording to logic on windows

DagMX

6 posts in this topic

I'm planning to get a mac sometime next year for college, but till then I'm on a windows system.

I quite like using garageband and logic on a mac and I want something comparable to that on windows. Any idea what would be closest to it in terms of features and interface?

I currently use ableton Live but the toolset is so bad for proper recording that I find myself exporting and importing to audacity all the time. My current options are Cubase SX3 and Sonar as far as I can see. Which one would you guys recomend?

Also, I'm wondering, can I record video off the integrated isight and record good quality audio at the same time? On my windows machine my USB cannot handle this, but I understand that the isight works of an internal firewire?

Yeah Logic 5.

Otherwise i suggest just trying out different Sequencers (recording programs) and pick one you like, there are many on Windows and most are good it's just how you utilize it that make's it the best for you.

My fave was/is Cubase and Nuendo. I actually enjoy the interface in Cubase and Nuendo much more than Logics ( 8 and prior to that ).

It's really easy to get around and the design looks good.

You dont have as many built in fx and instruments as Logic, but with 3rd party greats like RGC Audio Z3TA+, Waves Processors, etc you wont complain.

Check out Wavelabs also for sound editiing.

Sonar Producer is a great one no doubt.