No PCI with ECS 945GCT-M

9 posts in this topic

I installed mac ox 10.4.9 uphuck on an ECS 945GCT-M motherboard. Everything seems to work fine (video, audio, usb, and ide works but haven't tried sata or ethernet) except for pci cards. I've installed two pci wireless cards but neither show in the pci section under system profiler. I know the cards work because I verified by installing windows on the same machine. Has anyone else had any luck with this motherboard?

Im pretty sure it's not the motherboard. Did you verify that the cards work with mac os x. Not all wireless cards work in mac os.

One of the cards works in mac os x; I've used it in a g3 before. But all pci cards should show up in system profiler even if there's no drivers for them.

One of the cards works in mac os x; I've used it in a g3 before. But all pci cards should show up in system profiler even if there's no drivers for them.

No PCI cards show up for me in osx86 - even working ones. I have a firewire card that works, but it's counted as integrated firewire.

No PCI cards show up for me in osx86 - even working ones. I have a firewire card that works, but it's counted as integrated firewire.

I tried a couple other pci cards and finally found a usb/firewire combo card that works. There's still no pci cards listed; both the usb and firewire show up as integrated. I guess I'll figure out why the wireless card doesn't work (it has a broadcom chipset so there's got to be a way to make it work).

Thanks for the help.

I tried a couple other pci cards and finally found a usb/firewire combo card that works. There's still no pci cards listed; both the usb and firewire show up as integrated. I guess I'll figure out why the wireless card doesn't work (it has a broadcom chipset so there's got to be a way to make it work).

Thanks for the help.

I have the same motherboard. Third party PCI cards WILL NOT show up in system profiler. It doesn't mean that your PCI cards do not work. You need to find the device ID of your boardcom wireless card, and then follow this guide below. I have a buffalo(broadcom) wireless pci and I used the device ID that was used in the guide and it worked perfect.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...l=WLI2-PCI-G54S

I have the same motherboard. Third party PCI cards WILL NOT show up in system profiler. It doesn't mean that your PCI cards do not work. You need to find the device ID of your boardcom wireless card, and then follow this guide below. I have a buffalo(broadcom) wireless pci and I used the device ID that was used in the guide and it worked perfect.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...l=WLI2-PCI-G54S

Thanks for the link. Turns out the problem was the device id. Since the card originally worked on a ppc mac without any changes I assumed that it would be the same on an intel mac. I assumed wrong and Apple must have dropped it from the official supported list because there's no real intel mac shipping with a wifi card that has the device id.

• 3 weeks later...

I have ECS 945GCT also has anyone gotten osx86 10.4.10 to successfully load and boot with this board. If so can you list out your setup and which install upgrade path you used ie 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 or all in one 10.4.10 installer. I tried macdotnub 10.4.10 but have been unsuccessfull so far.

I have ECS 945GCT also has anyone gotten osx86 10.4.10 to successfully load and boot with this board. If so can you list out your setup and which install upgrade path you used ie 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 or all in one 10.4.10 installer. I tried macdotnub 10.4.10 but have been unsuccessfull so far.

JaS 10.4.8 -> Koolkal 10.4.10 & Dual booting with Leopard 9a581 (GM) ToH RC2 DVD w/ EFI Emulator using Apples Stock Kernel. Works like a dream! :-D

I have the ECS 945GZT, supports 1066 bus so I can BSEL my chip from 2.2 gighz to 3.0 gighz...