HP Pavilion zd8000 and BOOT CAMP...HELPPPP!

kurt Carlton

6 posts in this topic

I have a HP Pavilion zd8000 that I have successfully installed Mac OS X 10.4.8 and updated to 10.4.9. Everything works fine. I installed the wireless and everything seems to work great. So I want to put Windows XP back on with boot camp. I downloaded boot camp and when i go to the applictions area and then start to open boot camp i get an error:

Boot Camp Assistant cannot open

You must update your computer's Boot Rom Firmware before using this setup assistant

how do i fix this?? I really need boot camp on my computer so I can install Windows XP. Please help me out. I am very new to this forum and so far you all are great with the info and things u have helped me out with. Thanks for all suggestions.

Kurt

• 3 weeks later...

Because you don't own a mac, bootcamp is for EFI computers and almost every normal computer still uses BIOS (EFI is the replacement for BIOS, atleast, that's what it's supposed to be). :)

And I don't see any reason why you would want bootcamp on a normal laptop.

• 5 months later...

That is correct, you will get much better performance and compatibility if you just dual boot without bootcamp. Bootcamp was apples answer to being able to run windows at all on the Mac. I own the iMac 24" and I installed bootcamp and then vista. I had some issues so I found a way to by pass bootcamp and I just created a second partition and am now dual booting windows and OS X without boot camp and all of my issues are gone.