Reformatting my Harddrive

xx66stangxx

10 posts in this topic

Ok so since NTFS format isn't compatible to Apple you must use HFS+ format right? well my system is AMD 6000+x2 Vista x64 and programs like Partitionmagic aren't compatible with my system build. So my question is can I format my spare Serial ATA harddrive to an FAT32 format then run the setup for OSX86 and Partition the harddrive with the Drive Utility? I ask this because I tried partitioning my harddrive and I get an error from the utitlity.

Thanks,

Danny

WindowsRG wrote:

the errors arent because of the format type? i format ntfs all the time with disk utility... FAT32 isnt good cuz it only supports 32 gb of space.

My OSx86 PC has an 80GB Hard Drive with two partitions (40GB FAT32 and 40GB Apple Extended Journaled). How is it possible that my FAT32 partition is larger than 32GB?

--danyel :)

haha yeah so I found a 40gb hdd in my spare computer and I was going to reformatt it to fat32 with the windows xp install disk but it was already in fat32 format :-) so I put in the mac disk and now it's installing right now so soon to be: Amd 6000+x2 4gb ram 8800gts NVIDIDA overclocked, about 800gb worth of storage and Windows Vistax64/OSX86 :-) thanks!