Do not get an Intel Mac until Leopard

5 posts in this topic

Seriously, if all you do is just e-mail, web-surf, play some games, etc... you should wait until Leopard before buying a new Mac. Leopard is the first system that's designed for Intel Macs and Tiger was just a port and Intel Macs are not running at their full potential with Tiger. Not only is Leopard faster but it has some under-the-hood enhancements and more features. Leopard will be worth it. If you need the computer now buy now, if you can wait, wait and the wait will be worth it. Why buy a Mac now and pay $130 later when all you do is the stuff I mentioned? That stuff can wait and you will save more money if you wait for Leopard (unless you need the computer now).

This close to release it wouldn't be smart to buy until Leopard at least has an announced release date.

However, I can completely understand buying now if it's a computer that will be used for work. For purchases like that you buy as soon as possible because any delay is wasted time and lost money.

That said, I don't regret buying my intel macs, I'm still happy with them and Leopard will make it even nicer.