Installing PHP on Leopard

iRule

12 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have problem installing PHP on my iMac as I keep getting errors for no known reason.

I was told the Leopard comes with built-in PHP and that it can be modified via Apache's httpd.conf file. I tried but I failed doing that.

It'd very much appreciated if you could help install PHP or at least modify it to suit my needs.

I'm running a little forum ( 5 people ) and I'd love to get it running on Leopard.

Kind Regards

php comes with osx, what exactly is your problem?

zapp:~ justin$ php --version

PHP 5.2.4 (cli) (built: Sep 14 2007 21:54:36)

Copyright © 1997-2007 The PHP Group

Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright © 1998-2007 Zend Technologies

With Tiger, I'm able to edit conf.ini file of PHP in order to increase the file size PHP can handle ( 10MB while the default is only 2MB ).

I can't find where to modify Leopard's built-in PHP.

It'd be great if you could help where to find this file :(

Thanks

Thanks ukp for your private message and thanks for replying to my post as well.

Another problem raised again while I'm installing vBulletin. It seems that vBulletin can not access MySQL, is there built-in MySQL in Leopard or do I have to install the stand-alone version ?

Thanks again

You have to to install mysql yourself. Download it from mysql.com

The package contains a preferance pane that can start mysql but this does not work on leopard.

from a terminal, you start mysql by doing

sudo /usr/local/mysql/bin/safe_mysqld

If you put /usr/local/mysql/bin in /etc/paths you won't have to enter the full path everytime.

It seems that it's still the same.vBulletin can not connect to the MySQL server.I haven't modified anything. Everything in the server is as default. username is root, and the password is empty.It'd be very kind of you guys if you could help me resolve this issue :censored2:

picture1fn6.png

Even PHP My Admin can not access the MySQL service.

picture2oo5.png

MySQL is running on the system though. ..

picture3rs6.png

ukp,

Your method worked fine and I was able to load all of the MySQL & Database files to the forum using phpMyAdmin.

Once I restarted the computer, I get these error messages which are different to what I used to have before.

I tried restarting Apache & load mySQL again but with no luck.

What's weird is that it says "Access Denied", but then I haven't set any password to the server.

I sincerely apologise for this and I very much appreciate your assistance

Kind Regards

picture1li6.png

picture2kz5.png

You will now need to read the documentation that comes with whatever you want to run. Username and passwords are generaly application specific, but by default, there is no root password.

so mysql -u root

will get you into the mysql editor.