Huge problem with Geforce 7600

netfox

18 posts in this topic

Hello,

A week ago I succesfully installed (in one try) my Hackingtosh. Today my Hackingtosh crashed. When I restarted my system, I got a fatal error.

Today I installed MacOsX a dozen of times, without any succes:

- If installed Uphuck 1.3 with Titan or Natit drivers I get (after the white screen with grey Apple logo) a fatal err

r. When booting in -s mode it is clear it failes when loading loginwindow.

- If installed Uphuck 1.4 with those drivers I have the same problem.

- If installed Uphuck 1.4 without any VGA drivers MacOsX does start; of course without any QE support.

- If I install the drivers with DiaboliK, I also get an fatal error after the grey Appl

- I have installed an other package (forgot the name) but that also failes: after the grey Apple I do see the blue progress bar. But when the the bar is complete... nothing happens.

Why o why do I have such many problems with my new install? Why does those proper drivers not work? Yesterday the Natit drivers worked perfect!? 

No, that approach does not work. Just installed JAS 10.4.8 without VGA drivers; then installed the Natit installer from http://www.necnet.de/krass.man/Installers/...Uni_1.0.pkg.zip

It just failes when starting loginwindow.

Is it possible, for some reason, the installers can't read the DEFid anymore? Which files do I have to change after installing the Natit drivers?

Now I removed both partitions of my drive, made one partition out of it, installed Uphuck 1.4 with Natit drivers. After installing it loaded MacOSX succesfully (and saw the registration form with QI/QE support); then the system gave an error after this progress. 

What is the problem!? I just don't get it. Is there something broken on my graphics card?

Let's go back to the beginning. Do some installers work and others don't? Your title indicates the problem is with the 7600GS. Why do you say that? I've used that card with 5 different installers (JaS, Kalyway, etc) and just checked the Natit Dual .02 and card has always worked perfectly from the getgo. According to what I've read, your motherboard is supposed to be very compatible, so could you walk us through your install procedure step by step?

Let's go back to the beginning. Do some installers work and others don't? Your title indicates the problem is with the 7600GS. Why do you say that? I've used that card with 5 different installers (JaS, Kalyway, etc) and just checked the Natit Dual .02 and card has always worked perfectly from the getgo. According to what I've read, your motherboard is supposed to be very compatible, so could you walk us through your install procedure step by step?

I have a 7600 GS with HDMI and I recently installed uphuck 1.4 r3 without any problem. I used the first three patches and the Titan VGA driver. Azalia for audio and the Realtek drivers for my ethernet. I hope this info will help...

Thanks for the reply.

In short:

Yesterday I was using my computer for reading some emails. After inserting a disc the computer freezed. It just 'hang'. When I rebooted the system I got an error message (you know the one with all different languages). When I booted the system with "-s" I saw the computer freezed when loading loginwindow. I searched this forum: deleting natit.kext was the solution; It was possible to enter MacOsX again. Of course without any graphic QE/QI support, and without support for different resolutions. Everything else worked perfectly. Then I installed Natit 0.2 from the original disc, rebooted, same error again. Deleted the kext file, reinstalled the driver, same problem again. Used some other installers: again and again the same problem. I finally chose for reinstalling the whole MacOsX system. First only deleting my main partition (with the Mac install) then also the other partition. I used three kinds of installers: Uphuck 1.3, Uphuck 1.4 and JAS 10.4.8. The all work when I don't select the Titan, Natit 0.1 or 0.2 drivers. Of course then without any graphic support.

The weird thing is: the first install I did on this new system (a week ago) went perfectly! I used the same Uphuck 1.3 disc with the Natit 0.2 drivers. Now I select (I believe) the same options in the installer: but without any result :unsure::(

I made a photo of what I see after booting with "-v". This is a photo (see http://www.filmers.nl/foto.jpg) of an install where I first installed 10.4.9 with Natit 0.2, then deleted the Natit.kext file because of the error, then I reinstalled Natit 0.2.

I really don't get it; why was it working before? I have tried different installers (even a installer especially for the xfx 7600gs), i have tried setting the kext files manualy. 

It just dont work!

But again; why was it working before perfectly?

...Just wasted 700 euros.

I really don't get it; why was it working before? I have tried different installers (even a installer especially for the xfx 7600gs), i have tried setting the kext files manualy. 

It just dont work!

But again; why was it working before perfectly?

...Just wasted 700 euros.

Maybe you can try it again from scratch. Partion the disk, erase and install osx again.(don't install the kext later)

I've used uphuck 1.4r3 and I'v got the same 7600gs. I don't know if the patches are gonna be different since you got a different motherboard, but again I managed to succes with the main system files+the first three patches and only the titan vga driver.(and of course an audio and network driver)

I hope it'll work...

I DO now know what the problem is; the solution is still unknown for me.

The problem has to do with monitor detection. I use two VGA monitors, the Geforce card has two DVI ports.

When I connect two monitors to the computer (with DVI-VGA connectors), I can boot 50% of the times succesfully into OSX86. With one monitor 0%.

The first week I used my computer with monitor A. Few days a go I changed it to monitor B (also a VGA monitor). Then the problems begun. Went back to monitor A; still the same problems. Now I use monitor A + C.

Is there a fix?

(Also posted this in the Natit forum)

As I try to ponder this dilemma, let me ask this just to clarify things. If you disconnect all monitors and connect monitor A on either of the two DVI outputs, it now doesn't work where it did before? In all of your experimentation, have you changed kexts or any pertinent installers (titan, natit etc.) since monitor A first worked? I don't know if you save images of your system or not (everyone should...JMHO), but if you did, and restored an old image, does monitor A still not work? Will monitor A work from either the primary or secondary connector on a new install?

As I try to ponder this dilemma, let me ask this just to clarify things. If you disconnect all monitors and connect monitor A on either of the two DVI outputs, it now doesn't work where it did before? In all of your experimentation, have you changed kexts or any pertinent installers (titan, natit etc.) since monitor A first worked? I don't know if you save images of your system or not (everyone should...JMHO), but if you did, and restored an old image, does monitor A still not work? Will monitor A work from either the primary or secondary connector on a new install?

I did not saved any configuration yet (because I was not done with installing all programs I needed). The error occured when I had one TFT monitor connected, the first week I had one CRT connected. In my expermintations I have used different installers and also tried to modify kext's by myself. When the fail occured I did not changed anything

in any kext files in that session.

Monitor A does not work when:

I connect it to port 1.

I connect it to port 2.

I connect it to port 1 and have a single DVI-VGA converter in port 2.

I connect it to port 2 and have a single DVI-VGA converter in port 1.

I start the computer, wait, then plug the monitor in the videocard.

And since 10 minutes dual monitor doesn't work either.

Does it work with DVI-VGA adapters on a CRT monitor?I have heard some people solve GeForce DVI problems in this manner.
Monitors A + C are CRT monitors, monitor B is a TFT monitor.

What is the problem!? I just don't get it. Is there something broken on my graphics card?

I've got to admit, this is a tough one. Check the pin configuration on the card and cables to make sure no pins are bent. Could the card have gotten slightly unseated with all the plugging and unplugging? Do you have the capability of popping in a Windows drive or installing windows just to see if your card/monitor configuration still works under windows? I know it is a hassle, but when troubleshooting an unusual problem like this, it is helpful to cover all the bases.

I've got to admit, this is a tough one. Check the pin configuration on the card and cables to make sure no pins are bent. Could the card have gotten slightly unseated with all the plugging and unplugging? Do you have the capability of popping in a Windows drive or installing windows just to see if your card/monitor configuration still works under windows? I know it is a hassle, but when troubleshooting an unusual problem like this, it is helpful to cover all the bases.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. As I mentioned in an other post; I bought a new card. A 7300 with VGA + DVI; and it works perfect!

Greetings,

a happy Netfox.