Error on boot up Loginwindow - AMD - HELP!

razinx

16 posts in this topic

I've installed Jas 10.4.8, Uphuck 1.3, 1.4a and Tubgirls 10.4.10 - all install seemingly fine - each install is on a freshly wiped partition.

Upon boot up I get the following on all of them -

kextd[27]: kextd_watch_volumes: couldn't set up diskarb sessions

kextd[27]: diskarb isn't ready; we'll try again soon

kextd-parent [26]: IOKitWaitQuiet9() timed out

- the above I dont know what it is, but it then proceeds to the next couple lines, where it then stalls (if not in -v mode this would be a restart your computer error screen)

localhost DirectoryService [65]: Launched version 2.1 (v353.6)

localhost /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow: Login Window Application Started

I'm very much a newb at Mac, finally saw the light!! So my knowledge is minimal at this point!

Any suggestions? thanx!

My specs.

ASUS M2N-PV-VM

AMD 64 X2 5600+

Corsair XMS2 2x1GB

NVIDIA GeForce 6150 + nForce 430

NVIDIA Gb LAN

SoundMAX HD Audio

Firewire

Right,

kextd[27]: kextd_watch_volumes: couldn't set up diskarb sessions

kextd[27]: diskarb isn't ready; we'll try again soon

These are not errors, these sometimes randomly appear. Restart your computer again and see if a different error comes up with some kexts mentioned. I had the same set of messages come up for me, then when I restarted, it gave me an error with reference to some kexts. The problem turned out to be with some bad video drivers.

Hey, I get similar errors with diskarb not starting but this is all after successful installation

it always hangs giving me the following error.

localhost mDNSResponder: Couldn't read user-specified local hostname; using default “Macintosh-000000000000.local” instead

thats it.. ive tried typing exit.. tried repairing disk and permissions thingie.. all.. doesnt go past this point for some reason

oh yea..

if i switch off my dsl modem the following error follows the above and then hangs

cannot look up child..

please help

* one more thing.. i tried this on vmware successfullly before i went for direct boot.. worked without like a charm on vmware.. *

specs

Jas 10.4.8 with PPF1 & PPF2

AMD64 3000+ (OC'ed to 2.4 Ghz)

ASRock Dual Sata 2 (939)

Uli Ethernet Onboard

Corsair 1GB VS512*2

I forgot to mention as well that I was successful in installing/booting via VMWare

its the second part of my first post thats the real issue - the diskarb errors were just the last thing prior to loginwindow hanging

When im at home later i will try repairing permissions, other then that im stuck!

@razinx,

For chipset nforce430, remember that, as they are, the jas, uphuck and tubgirl 10.4.10 do not support correctly sata drives. For such a chipset, consult this thread for latest news on proper driver for sata drives.

So if your hard drive is of the sata type, you will have at least that problem.

If your hd is already pata, then this comment doesn't apply.

In the osx86 wiki hcl, at least one user reported success for similar hardware (w/ jas 10.4.8+ppf1), on a PATA (IDE) hard drive.

ASUS M2N-PV-VM

AMD 64 X2 5600+

Corsair XMS2 2x1GB

NVIDIA GeForce 6150 + nForce 430

NVIDIA Gb LAN

SoundMAX HD Audio

Firewire

---------------------------------

boot in safe mode "-s"

fsck -fy

mount -uw /

mv /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext /

---------------------------------------

There is no cure for GF6150 onboard,not jet hopefully. :unsure:

---------------------------------

boot in safe mode "-s"

fsck -fy

mount -uw /

---------------------------------------

There is no cure for GF6150 onboard,not jet hopefully. :D

Ok so i did that, not sure what after to do, do i just reboot? cuz it just cont'd on and passed the loginwindow this time, but still failed to go all the way, kept allowing me to type more, at each stop.......im still very new at mac, so i dont know what commands i should use after that.

Hi Mate...

Whilst I dont have an AMD Like Pcwiz I too found that it was video related...

I removed the video drivers namely Geforce and nvidia kexts and all was ok.. well it went further...:P

Boot into single user mode then remove the kexts...

there is a thread here that shows you exactly what to do...

Ill have a look and post a link,

Cheers,

Paul (kadmiff)

boot in safe mode "-s"

fsck -fy

mount -uw /

shutdown -r now

hey guys so do these steps apply to my config too ?

which Video card have you? Maybe its not a Video kext issue.And did you try "-x -f " at boot?

Alrighty, I'm up and running. Installed w/o any addtnl drivers from the install disk. 2 issues remain. No network, it does show it in the profiler, and it shows built-in ethernet under sys prefs, but its grayed out....how to fix that?? and as prev posted, i guess there is no driver support for Gefore 6150?? with base drivers i only get one resolution and of course no qe/ci , which means I cant run iDVD/iMovie 08. boo, any way around that??

thanx for all the suggestions, this was a week in the making, almost fully complete!!

Not sure if this is the right spot for this, but I installed iLife 06' as well, iMovie HD loads but seems to hang after, and iDVD just gets stuck on Loading Themes.....anyone have this issue?? Or is this related to video again?? (08 actually tells me I cant run it, where as 06 tries to actually run the app)

use this loginwindow.app

boot in safe mode "-s"

fsck -fy

mount -uw /

rm -rf /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app

cp -r loginwindow.app /System/Library/CoreServices/

chown root:wheel /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app

shutdown -r now