update the OS

Deleted user

20 posts in this topic

hey pcwiz... i had Myzar 10.4.6 working beautifully and now i have installed tubgirls 10.4.10 AMD SSE3 (thinking my cpu was SSE3).it is not.

can i make something of that install by playing around with the kernel?

what do you suggest i do to get 10.4.8 or higher for opengl?

trying to download JAS 10.4.8 but my torrent is coming down at 3-4k which is very frustrating!!

thanks

Pcwiz, I have an intel p4 mobile processor which supports SSE2, and I currently have v10.4.1, but I want to get the best version of Tiger, so I need to update without actually downloading the entire operating system again.

JaS 10.4.8 SSE2/SSE3 will probably work good for you.

If you are running 10.4.1 it is not easily possible to 'update' to 10.4.8 without reinstalling.

Is it possible to upgrade to a whole new version (10.4 to 10.5) without downloading the entire operating system again? If not, how do I upgrade from 10.4.1 to the newest 10.4 version?

Thanks,

- Jaiden

Going from 10.4 to 10.5 is the same as going from Windows XP to Vista, entirely different OS, so I don't see how you could think you wouldn't need a new installation package.

For 10.4.10 just download one of the installers such as the Pascal release.

Going from 10.4 to 10.5 is the same as going from Windows XP to Vista, entirely different OS, so I don't see how you could think you wouldn't need a new installation package.

For 10.4.10 just download one of the installers such as the Pascal release.

@DaveJb you got about the same system as I have, so Uphuck did work for you. I did try a later Uphuck version. Did the onboard ethernet work on Uphuck and the sound?

What did you use to get your nvidia working? Natit02?

@ Mark1970

I am inthe same predicament I have 10.4.1 installed with the Maklar disk. I do not mind reinstalling this if I can just patch the original DVD is this how the Jas release works or would I have to redownload the entire pre-patched DVD. By the way my processor supports SSE3

i didn't get to read the reply and updated my system through the Software Update... but it crashed (i have the JaS.10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3.zip installed on top of Mac OS X JaS 10.4.8)

is it possible to upgrade to 10.4.10? thx

i need the upgrade to instal iWork and iLife...

@DaveJb you got about the same system as I have, so Uphuck did work for you. I did try a later Uphuck version. Did the onboard ethernet work on Uphuck and the sound?

What did you use to get your nvidia working? Natit02?

Sound worked after install, there's a thread on here somewhere about the network driver, and I used one of the Nvidia drivers on the 10.4.9 r2 install CD, don't remember which.

Correction: iLife and iWork require 10.4.9, not 10.4.10.

It should work OK if you have JaS 10.4.9.

Check the official requirements if you want to be sure:

http://www.apple.com/ilife/systemrequirements.html

my bad i haven't installed iLife only iWord that requires 10.4.10

any idea how to update?

http://www.apple.com/iwork/systemrequirements.html

I have another question, if I update QuickTime to 7.2 i can't see any movies in Safari 3.0.3 () ???

and where can I find some codecs because i just can't play anything