Sleep doesn't work with AMD

thegodfaza

11 posts in this topic

for me sleep works fine but I cannot reboot my system (it hangs on a black screen and it doesn't restart).

Then it doesn't work... If it goes to sleep but doesn't wake up then the sleep function doesn't work.

My PC uses S3 sleep. It goes to sleep just fine. It just ends up hanging when I wake it back up.

Right, it doesn't work for you either. I have never seen it work on an AMD machine. They all seem to hang up on wake. It doesn't work for me either.

Then it doesn't work... If it goes to sleep but doesn't wake up then the sleep function doesn't work.

Right, it doesn't work for you either. I have never seen it work on an AMD machine. They all seem to hang up on wake. It doesn't work for me either.

Well, theoretically all we should have to do is replace the bios on our systems with an openfirmware clone that works with amd systems.... and also make sure our graphics cards have working drivers which is a minimum for s3 sleep to even have a tiny chance of success :)

No, no... for me the sleep function works fine and the system wakes up

I have a different problem: I cannot restart OSX because it hangs on a black screen but it happens when OSX is running