UK/European iPhone Announcement Imminent

Ed

9 posts in this topic

A press conference is to be held at Apple's flagship Apple Store in Regent Street, London, UK this coming Tuesday, 18th September. It is widely expected to hearld the long-awaited announcement of the iPhone in the UK, France and Germany.

O2 is expected to be the UK's selected carrier of the iPhone, whilst Orange and T-Mobile are expected to be the carriers of choice in France and Germany respectively. The iPhone is expected to actually start shipping in Europe sometime in November.

As a result of the press conference on Tuesday, the Apple Store in Regent Street will not be open til 4pm but will remain open til 10pm.

mumsnolongertheword.gif

So what do they mean by "Mum is no longer the word.".

It's no longer a secret.

Mums the word means keep it hush hush..

I'm currently on O2 and Orange. My O2 contract ends at the end of Nov. hmmmm I wonder what types of offers O2 may give. I was thinking of leaving them and sticking to my Orange contract. N95 on 12month with 500mins xnet, 200min landline......all for a huge £15/month.

Thanks for the info do1. I'm assuming the information will later be published on the Apple UK website for all to see?

Here we go... Steve stands up, welcomes everyone. And he dives right in: the iPhone has been announced for the UK! "We picked the best one, the most poplular carrier, it's O2. We've since lowered the price of the US phone of the 8GB phone, in the UK the price of the iPhone is £269 including VAT."
It goes on sale November 9.
Same ads as US, just British voice over.The UK Apple Store is also down.....Engadget
Visual Voicemail, Unlimited data with £35, £45, £55 plans
No 3G and No price on iPhone yet. it costs £269Finally some insight on the lack of 3G in the iPhone
3G needs to get back up to 5+ hours, something we think well see later next year
So a 3G iPhone is on the way....

One thing that UK is getting that us over here in the US aren't is 7,000 free wifi-hotspots.