Device ID? for wireless network card.

BlackStorm

4 posts in this topic

Hello all! Been a long time since I needed to post anything here. =/ But, I'm helping a friend install JaS 10.4.8 SSE2 AMD nVidia on his computer. We got a wireless network card problem. I read tutorials on fixing it, but I need the Dev ID. I tried searching for the answer, but the dang site now needs 4 letters to search. So, I can't really search for the answer. =(

We have the Buffalo WLI12-PCI-G54S. I guess it has the Broadcom chipset. I looked on the wiki and it is the second one in the wireless section.

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...10.4.8#Wireless

Any help would be great! Thanks!

- Dustin

have you fixed it yet? if you follow the link in the link you gave, then you'll get exact instructions on how to do it:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...l=WLI2-PCI-G54S

if you have onboard ethernet working, then after you restart, you won't don't need to follow the guide anymore. just open your system preferences> network and it should be working then.

Vasfed: Thanks for the help! After I posted this, I waited about 1 minute and decided I should Google it. I followed some steps and found it out. Basically, it was exactly what you said. =) Thanks though!

phanguy: I did get it working. I read that page and didn't find where it said how to find your Dev ID. =/ Maybe I missed it. I did use his instructions to get it working after I did the Windows trick Vasfed was talking about. Works perfect now! Thanks!

I'm slowly converting my small friend base over to the Mac way of things. =) It was funny hearing him want to make shortcuts to Firefox onto the desktop and how confused he was that there was no start bar. =P That was me a little over a year ago. =) Anywho, thanks for the help! You guys here are always quick with the helping. =) I'm sure I will be back soon with a few more questions.

- Dustin