Unable to mount disk volume....

St_Yuri

17 posts in this topic

Then i think you don;t need to mount it to erase with DiskUtility during installation. Use the Disk Utility to Erase the partition ( it don't need to be mounted ) into Mac Ext Journal. If it gives some error then Erase the same partition into FAT32 using Disk Utility and then Erase it again with Mac Ext Journal.

Once its formated Disk Utility will mount it automatically.

Hm, thats good idea but doesnt work. When I try to format disk into Mac OS Journ he do nothing I mean cant change disk format. Disk Utility always said that PARTITION NOT MOUNTED.Maybe this trouble cause I have SATA hard drive???Maybe somebody know some command to make partition active????

Yeah, by using the vista boot disk you can click on "Repair" and select command prompt from the choices it gives you. Then you want to type diskpart in command prompt followed by:

- list disk

- select disk n (where n is the number of the disk)

- list partition

- select partition n (where n is the number of the partition that you wish to make active)

- active

Then reboot with the OSX disk in and try again. I dont know if this is possible with the OSX disk, as I'm a newbie.

I'm having EXACTLY the same problem.

I have 1 150gb SATA drive I wish to set as my OS X partition.

I've formated as FAT32, I've used diskpart and I've tried using the disk utility to format/erase the partition.

Currently its even showing in Disk Utility as Mac OS Extended etc - BUT IT JUST WONT MOUNT.

*VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!*

Any solutions that any of you could suggest would be MUCH appreciated!!!

Yeah. As i mentioned in my last post - I tried that.

I don't think that it actually even starts... because all that happens is that the rainbow beach ball just keeps on rotating. I let it go for 45 mins before giving up on it.

This is with the Uphuck boot disk btw.

If you are using SATA then native installation will not detect your drive so you might have to try out the VMWare Method. As per my experience after installation nForce4 SATA is supported after installation so i think you can boot natively after the installation.

If your Hard Disk Is IDE then you shouldn't be having this issue.

If you are using SATA then native installation will not detect your drive so you might have to try out the VMWare Method. As per my experience after installation nForce4 SATA is supported after installation so i think you can boot natively after the installation.

If your Hard Disk Is IDE then you shouldn't be having this issue.

Well the drive is detected, certainly... It just WILL NOT mount.

The thing is, with my mobo, it seems that OS X will only work with SATA drives. (p5n32-e SLI). There's a thread here providing the instructions I've been following, but it seems the author didn't have my issue.

I'm just wondering what factors could at all be preventing the mount. Erase even formats the disk properly, which shows in the disk info in the Disk Utility.

It's driving me nuts.

I solve this problem in this way: I use Acronis Disk Director Suite to make another FAT32 volume and set "0xAF Shag OS swap" option in this program. Now, after using Disk Utillity (Erasing disk) this disk will be active!!!