activated it with diskpart ...

but nothing.

2) format partition as id=af

nothing

3) Gparted (LIVE CD) format the partition (max. is 2GB) as HFS

nothing

I downloaded tubgirl 10.4.10 test 1

Installer goes perfectly but

the osx installer can't see any partition.

Any suggestions?

Please ...I need a step by step tutorial!

I have a partition of 56 GB for OSX!

I have a Toshiba A215CPU-Z says:AMD Turion 64X2 Mobile TL-52 Code name:TaylorInstructions: MMX(+), 3DNow! (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, X86-64Device Manager says:HD - Disk drivesTOSHIBA MK1637GSX ATA DeviceI ' ve already made 3 partitions:Vista | Debian-etch | and I want to install OSXBootloader: Grub hi there, i got the same problem and i didn't resolve it yet, i'll keep you warned if i find the solution friendly. :)I' ve tryed different ways:1)I formatted the 3rd partition as Fat32activated it with diskpart ...but nothing.2) format partition as id=afnothing3) Gparted (LIVE CD) format the partition (max. is 2GB) as HFSnothingI downloaded tubgirl 10.4.10 test 1Installer goes perfectly butthe osx installer can't see any partition.Any suggestions?Please ...I need a step by step tutorial!I have a partition of 56 GB for OSX!
hi there, i have the same problem and i didn't find the solution i'll keep you warned if i find the answer.friendly yours

Hmm, I wonder if you try a different install CD if it will work... I know that it can Tri boot but I dont know why it dosent even see your HD. Can you take a picture of the disk utility screen and upload it or something. And are you still able to load into Windows and debian-etch?

If you are using ATA (IDE) HDD there should be no problem detecting your HDD during Install. Check if you HDD is on Master and Primary!!! Try posting the screenshot of your hdd from the following:

1) Windows "My Computer ->rightclick->Mange->->Disk Management

And also what does the BIOS tell about your HDD.

If you are using ATA (IDE) HDD there should be no problem detecting your HDD during Install. Check if you HDD is on Master and Primary!!! Try posting the screenshot of your hdd from the following:1) Windows "My Computer ->rightclick->Mange->->Disk ManagementAnd also what does the BIOS tell about your HDD.
I hope sothis is a screenshot (I have Vista Home Premium)I' ve tryed also to use Vmware like this post suggest(http://forum.applesana.com/76/4229/c-mo-instalar-mac-os-x-wmware.html'>http://forum.applesana.com/76/4229/c-mo-instalar-mac-os-x-wmware.html in Spanish)the result is :i have Osx that runs on Vmware but at the end of all the installation gave to me some errors.The good thing is that when I' ve tryed to boot natively, OSX works great but no HD at all...no partitions ...only the install DVD.!!!post-130778-1188878172_thumb.jpgI' ve tryed Myzar 10.4.9I've tryed a tubgirl 10.4.10 test 1I have also a a 10.4.7 AMD-INTEL(JaS)-ISO-RepackDo I need upchuck?------------------------------------------------------------------------------CPU-Z says:AMD Turion 64X2 Mobile TL-52 Code name:TaylorInstructions: MMX(+), 3DNow! (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, X86-64Device Manager says:HD - Disk drivesTOSHIBA MK1637GSX ATA DeviceI ' ve already made 3 partitions:Vista | Debian-etch | and I want to install OSXBootloader: Grub Vmware like this post suggest(http://forum.applesana.com/76/4229/c-mo-instalar-mac-os-x-wmware.html in Spanish)the result is :i have Osx that runs on Vmware but at the end of all the installation gave to me some errors.I' ve formatted now the partition (56GB) as MAC OS journaled but when I boot from the cd-dvd OSX still can't see any partition...post-130778-1188879211_thumb.jpgI' ve formatted now the partition (56GB) as MAC OS journaled but when I boot native from the cd-dvd OSX still can't see any partition..post-130778-1188879991_thumb.jpgHELP!!!!!!! :(:( HELP!!! :wacko:

Well, my knowledge about Vista is not that great ... kinda say "none " :(

What I see in your "Disk Management" Screen Shot I kinda see 5 partitions: EISA (1.4GB) partition and 4 Primary Partition.

It might be some Vista Stuffs. Though i have no knowledge of Vista and for some reason don't want to :wacko: I think that there must be some connection to it (EISA). I may be wrong entirely... but was curious on seeing 5 partitions on your HDD.

BTW try this out:

http://coolblog.profit42.com/2006/12/09/vi...ot-on-intelamd/

I want to format all the HD !!Erase EISA partition and all Vista's trash!GParted I think is the best solution!Any suggestions???!!!I have also a copy of XP but the big problem is that there are noDrivers from Toshiba.I've tryed to install XP few weeks ago...that I consider totally better than Vista!but I've found old drivers...I met many problems...no ATI drivers, no audio, wireless not properly working... CAOSThan I've installed Vista again...than with Gparted I made 2 partitions more ...1 for debian(etch) and the other for Osx.But no way ...the 3 DVD that I've downloaded (Osx86)...they boot correctly but no HD at all!!!!HELPPPP!!!!!! :( FORMAT OR NOT FORMAT ...this is the problem.ps: I need Vista too ....to have "something" to browse the web... check my mails..This is my partition table right now!post-130778-1188884337_thumb.jpgPROBABLY I HAVE THE WRONG OSX RELEASE(K)......Any suggestions..!!??

The installer works good but no HDD at all!!!

I format the HD (all - Eisa partition included) with Gparted

and I tryed:

Disklabel MAC ------> Unallocated OSX can't see any partition!

Disklabel BSD ------> Only one partition Fat32 Osx same problem above

MSG error Disk Utility in OSX that seem that I've booted whithout an HD...

"Incorret partition map type\n"

System Profile -----------> No HD

Reinstall vista again because I need a computer that works

Waiting for suggestions!

Thanks

Features

Part number HDD2D60

Formatted capacity 160,042 MByte

Form factor 2.5 inch

Interface type

Serial ATA

Supported interface standards

ATA-7

Serial ATA 1.0a

Serial ATA II 1.2

Head/actuator technology

"Ramp-Load" Technology

PMR (Write)/TMR (Read)

Shock detection Shock sensor circuit

S.M.A.R.T. The SMART command set is supported.

Physical parameters

Number of platters 2

Number of cylinders 85,536

Number of heads 4

Bytes/sector

Bytes/sector 512

Access times

Average seek time 12 ms

Maximum seek time 22 ms

Track-to-track seek time 2 ms

Transfer rates

Internal From 335 MBit/s to 613 MBit/s

SATA (Host) 150 (optional: 300) MByte/s

Rotational speed

Rotational speed 5,400 rpm

Buffer

Buffer size 8,192 kByte

Cache

Read-ahead cache

Write cache

Reaction times

Start time (Spin-up time, typical) 3.5 s

Start time (Spin-up time, maximum) 9.5 s

Recovery time (from stand-by, typical) 3.5 s

Recovery time (from stand-by, maximum) 9.5 s

Reliability specifications

Seek error rate 1 error per 10^6 seeks

Non-recoverable error rate 1 error per 10^13 seeks

Product life 5 years or 20,000 POH (whatever comes earlier)

Preventive maintenance No preventive maintenance is required

Power consumption

Start (Maximum) 4.7 W

Seek (Average) 2.7 W

Read (Average) 2.2 W

Write (Average) 2.2 W

Low-power idle (Average) 0.8 W

Sleep (Average) 0.15 W

Stand-by (Average) 0.25 W

Power supply motor

Supply voltage

+5 V (+/- 5 %)

Allowable noise/ripple Max. 100 mV

Power supply logic

Supply voltage

+5 V (+/- 5 %)

Allowable noise/ripple Max. 100 mV

Mechanical specifications

Drive width 69.85 mm

Drive height 9.5 mm

Drive depth 100 mm

Drive weight 0.101 kg

Drive orientation The drive can be installed in all axes (6 directions)

Mounting instructions (Screwing) Four screws should be tightened equally with 0.39 Nm torque. The depth should be 3.0 mm minimum and 3.5 mm maximum

Temperature

Operating From 5 °C to 55 °C

Non-operating From -40 °C to 60 °C

Shipping From -40 °C to 70 °C

Humidity

Operating From 8 % to 90 %

Non-operating From 8 % to 90 %

Shipping From 5 % to 90 %

Wet bulb

Operating (Maximum) 29 °C

Non-operating (Maximum) 40 °C

Vibration

Operating (Maximum) 1 G, with 5 - 500 Hz

Non-operating (Maximum) 5 G, with 15 - 500 Hz

Shock

Operating (Maximum) 325 G, with 2 ms half sine wave

Non-operating (Maximum) 850 G, with 1 ms half sine wave

Shipping (Maximum) 0.7 m free drop with no unrecoverable error. Drive must be packed in Toshiba´s original shipping package. Apply shock in each direction of the drive´s three mutually perpendicular axes, one axis at a time.

Altitude

Operating From -300 m to 3,000 m

Non-operating From -300 m to 12,000 m

Acoustic noise

Idle mode (Disk spinning) Max. 25 dB

Random seek Max. 27 dB

BIOS specifications

Number of cylinders (logical) 16,383

Number of heads (Logical) 16

Number of sectors/track (Logical) 63

The problem is that you seem to have a newer dvd and the kext that you need to view your ide drive is not valid, yo uneed an older one.. So, you cane either find an older file (IOATAFamily.kext) from something like a 10.4.4 to 10.4.6 and make a new dvd OR just find an older version of osx like 10.4.4 to 10.4.6 and use that to boot into. JaS is always a good choice.

I have found that the newer IOATAFamily.kext files (like 10.4.10 and Leo) will NOT find a lot of IDE drives and the kext must be replaced.

is your HardDisk SATA or IDE? If its SATA then you will have to follow the VMWare method of installing and you can try TubGirl 10.4.10 as it support SATA after install (mine is nForce chipset).

SATA + AMD Turion 64X2

Processor and Chipset3

• AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL52

• AMD M690V

Memory4

• Configured with 1024MB SDRAM (both memory slots may be occupied).

Maximum capacity 4096MB

Hard Disk Drive5

• 160GB (5400RPM); Serial ATA hard disk drive

What can I do?

AMD + SATA --------> Vmware .... install (which release?) ....and then boot native.

if installer does not see the HD then it must be problem with lack of driver for you hdd controller.

solution - get an external usb hdd and install mac os on it, then make it see the HD, partition with disk utility and transfer image, folks advise SuperDuper for that action

Read something about a Dell 1420 and OS X not seeing the sata drive because there were more than 4 partitions. That could be your issue. What happens when you format the whole drive? After you boot the dvd does disk Util. see the drive? Can you format the drive with HSF+ Journaled? Make sure when in the partition tab that you the click the options button and choose "MASTER BOOT RECORD" Once the formatting is done continue with the install and OS X should now see the drive. This is a laptop, correct?

In your BIOS you could try and set the hard drive sata option to read ATA instead. Being a laptop you might not have that option. Check anyway, though. I had a Toshiba N300 S1 with an SATA drive and Uphuck10.1.9 install dvd saw that drive.

Chevy