Marvell Yukon 88E8038 Fast Ethernet

kizwan

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have Marvell Yukon 88E8038 Fast Ethernet. I have try (almost) all suggestion I found in this forum but still failed. I have tried to put my DEV & VEN id into kext file but still failed. Does anybody know how to make it recognized in my OSX?

This is my DEV & VEN ID:-

VEN ID = 4352

DEV ID = 11AB

I have put my setup & hardware at my sig.

• 3 weeks later...

For anybody who read this thread, please post your (especially for those who are running older version of OSX, maybe 10.4.7 or 10.4.6 or older) IONetworkingFamily.kext file here. I'm searching kext file that have "Fast Ethernet" driver since kext file in 10.4.8 is for "Gigabit" adapter. Pleaseeee.

• 3 months later...
For anybody who read this thread, please post your (especially for those who are running older version of OSX, maybe 10.4.7 or 10.4.6 or older) IONetworkingFamily.kext file here. I'm searching kext file that have "Fast Ethernet" driver since kext file in 10.4.8 is for "Gigabit" adapter. Pleaseeee.

Agree. The kext from 10.4.6 may solve this problem.

regards

I've tried quite a few combinations and really haven't been able to make the 8038 work in Leo. The new IONetworking kext does not work with the AppleYukon.kext plugin, nor does adding the dev id to the new AppleYukon2.kext work. I haven't tried using the old IONetworking kext, because that would break TimeMachine.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I have successfully get my marvell yukon 88E8038 detected & working under 10.5.1. Please go to this URL & try IOPCIFamily "testonly7" kext file:-

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=87592

Please backup your original IOPCIFamily kext file. You need to edit AppleYukon2.kext (Info.plist) file to add 88E8038 entry including device id & vendor id. It is very easy, just use existing entry, for example 88E8055, change it to 88E8038. Also locate "IOPCIPrimaryMatch" & change the entry to "0x435211ab".

Please submit dmesg output under single user mode if you get any problem. If you get kernel panic, please take the picture & post it.

Good luck. ;)

• 6 months later...
Hi,

I have Marvell Yukon 88E8038 Fast Ethernet. I have try (almost) all suggestion I found in this forum but still failed. I have tried to put my DEV & VEN id into kext file but still failed. Does anybody know how to make it recognized in my OSX?

This is my DEV & VEN ID:-

VEN ID = 4352

DEV ID = 11AB

I have put my setup & hardware at my sig.

This is working with kalyway 10.5.2 with modified IOPCIFamily.kext

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I'm really proud to say that i found the solution to my problem and ethernet is working now, i've applied the

IOPCIFamily test 7 from Chun-nan with the modifications in IONetworkingFamily.kext changing manually my device name

and device ID. I have to say that this is the 2nd day that i installed Kalyway 10.5.2 and i never touched before a Mac, i should say a Hackintosh,i've learned a lot in 2 days and proud of myself because i never asked anyone, only by searching through the forum and reading like 10 or more hours in 2 days.

Thanks Chun-nan, Kizwan for your post and everybody else that had to do with IOPCIFamily.kext modification

My notebook is a Gateway Mt6840

Still no sound but working on it

Darklok