Leopard's Space Theme

kevnaca

10 posts in this topic

I just got curious of why Apple is heading in this direction. I think this may prelude to the next 4 versions of OSX. Enough with the African safari and big cats, now 10.6 may have a space object name like a planet or galaxy or something like that. Of coarse Time Machine is part of the reason why they've centered around this theme. But there isn't too many cats left to name OSX after.

I just got curious of why Apple is heading in this direction. I think this may prelude to the next 4 versions of OSX. Enough with the African safari and big cats, now 10.6 may have a space object name like a planet or galaxy or something like that. Of coarse Time Machine is part of the reason why they've centered around this theme. But there isn't too many cats left to name OSX after.

To be honest, I don't think it's anything more than marketing tactics. It just sounds "cooler" if your OS would have a futuristic space theme to it. I don't think it's anything beyond marketing.

BTW in regards to the naming scheme...we still have:

- Lynx

- Cougar

- Liger (debatable)

- Lion

- Ocelot

- Serval

- Caracal

from the top of my mind. I think the cat naming scheme will continue for some time. But who knows.

To be honest, I don't think it's anything more than marketing tactics. It just sounds "cooler" if your OS would have a futuristic space theme to it. I don't think it's anything beyond marketing.

BTW in regards to the naming scheme...we still have:

- Lynx

- Cougar

- Liger (debatable)

- Lion

- Ocelot

- Serval

- Caracal

from the top of my mind. I think the cat naming scheme will continue for some time. But who knows.

Ahh quite true... They need four names until OS 11, which will most likely have a new naming scheme. From your list i can conclude this (speculation):

10.6 - Lynx

10.7 - Lion

10.8 - Couger

10.9 - Ocelot (sounds really cool to end out OS X)

Those are the likely names I can think of, maybe not in this order. I would rofl if there will be an OS X Kitten, actually sounds like the OS the iPhone or upcoming iPod will have because they are basically slim and compact versions of OS X.