4.8 to 4.10

manan

11 posts in this topic

ok so theres not much of a difference ... i actually started dwnlding the update to install iwork 08 but mid way found a way to install iwork on 4.8 so im not too kwwn on installing 4.10 if u say its un-stable

Hey Asure, I think I have a similar hardware config as you, so I was curious how you got to 10.4.10? I'm running jas 10.4.8 on an asus a8n-e (nforce4) with an nvidia 7800gt. It's pretty stable except for iCal not wanting to start which seems to be pretty normal from what I've read. I'd like to get to 10.4.9 (or .10) to see if iDVD is going to work.

I also tried out the tubgirl 10.4.10 release, but iDVD crashes on it and I was having some audio issues. However, tubgirl would install to the nforce4 SATA drive which was nice. I'm stuck using IDE for jas.

Thanks for any info.

Koolkal 10.4.10 worked for me! I Installed JaS 10.4.8 then JaS 10.4.9 then Koolkal 10.4.10. It needed the SATA patches, installed the Intel SSE3 kernel.

Thanks JaS and Koolkal!

:hysterical:

Btw it's not Core Duo (altough I wish it was), it's Pentium D (935). I installed all updates, everything worked.

post-3175-1187735416_thumb.jpg

I used Koolkal's 10.4.9 combo SSE3 and then the 10.4.10 SSE3 update on my JaS 10.4.8 install (like voxxdigital). Everything works great, except for my on board sound which never worked, my usb headphones work great. I haven't noticed any performance or stability issues. All of iLife works great as well as iWork.

Both Koolkal and pascalw's versions of the 10.4.10 updates are combo updates, so they support updating from 10.4.8 (in fact, they should work all the way back to 10.4.4). I've had better luck with the pascalw version myself, but others have had better luck with Koolkal.

koolkal's is a combo, but pascalw's is a delta. it requires 10.4.9. even though it will go ahead and update an older installation, you don't want to do that. pascalw himself wrote, in the thread on his installer:

"To get one thing clear, this is a delta update, wich mean you cannot uprgrade from anything but from 10.4.9 to 10.4.10. So ofcourse it will fail if you try to upgrade from 10.4.8 or something."

if you have amd, i recommend using pascalw's instead of koolkal's. that means you first have to update to 10.4.9.