Asus P5K Deluxe / Asus P5K Premium [Black Pearl Edition] (Intel P35)

14 posts in this topic

Hello, I would like to know if there's any support for this P35 motherboard, Asus P5K Deluxe. I've read quite a few threads and posts about the other p35 boards, and apparently, there's some success.

Here's some info and specifications about this board: (I bolded the specific drivers needed)

- Dual-core Intel Pentium D / EE (Smithfield/Presler) with the bus speeds 800/1066 MHz;

- Intel Celeron-D (Prescott) with the bus speed 533 MHz;

- Support for Intel Core 2 Duo (Kentsfield (4 cores), Conroe/Allendale (2 cores)) with the bus speed 1066 MHz;

- Support for Intel Yorkfield, Wolfdale with the bus speeds 1333/1066/800 MHz;

- Socket LGA775;

- Support for HyperThreading processors; Chipset - North bridge Intel P35 (MCH);

- South bridge Intel ICH9R;

- Interbridge communication: DMI; System memory - Four 240-pin slots for DDR2 SDRAM DIMM;

- Maximum memory capacity 8 GB;

- Supported memory DDR2 800/533/889/667/1066;

- Dual-channel memory access;

- Power indicator; Graphics - Two PCI Express x16 slots; Expansion options - Three 32-bit PCI Bus Master slots;

- Two PCI Express x1 slot;

- Ten USB 2.0 ports ( 6 integrated + 4 additional);

- Two IEEE1394 ports (Firewire; 1 integrated + 1 additional);

- Integrated High Definition Audio 7.1;

- Two Gigabit Ethernet LAN controllers;

- WiFi (802.11g) controller; Overclocking options - FSB adjustable within 200 to 800 MHz in 1 MHz increments, adjustable multiplier;

- Adjustable voltage on the CPU, memory, FSB, and the chipset (MCH+ICH);

- ASUS NOS ( Non-Delay Overclocking System );

- ASUS AiBooster; Disk subsystem - 1 link for UltraDMA133/100/66/33 Bus Master IDE (JMB363; with support for up to 2 ATAPI devices);

- Support for SerialATA II (6 links - ICH9R, with support for RAID);

- Support for SerialATA II (2 links - JMB363, with support for RAID 0, 1, JBOD) ;

- Support for LS-120 / ZIP / ATAPI CD-ROM;

Does anyone know what the drivers are for the following?

Asus P5K Deluxe Components:

•Audio:

•Wifi:

•LAN:

•Southbridge: ICH9R

•eSATA Controller:

Others, I should note:

----------------------------

Asus P5k works: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=53651

Asus P5k-E works: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...t=0&start=0

^ Both are P35 and ICHR9, which is pretty related to this board, possibly share the same drivers?

*Also, How do you search for 3-letters/character words here? (ex. "p35")'

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=151965

Thanks so much for your time. I appreciate it. I hope to see this thread grow, and hopefully become an Asus P5K Deluxe dedicated thread, geared towards the success of making hopefully everything work. Thanks for your thoughts.

I am not certain that the Esata works, however the JMicron controller does work, and that is attached to the Esata, so I imagine it would work. However, again I have not tested it as I don't have any Esata devices. Only audio out works with no digital support at this time. At least not that I have found. The wifi does not work as well, at least not to my knowledge. I actually was able to get my load of hackintosh up and running from a previous 955x chipset without a installing it again. My understanding is that leopard should work on the P35 chipset as well. Make sure you have AHCI enabled on your drives or it won't work.

I am not certain that the Esata works, however the JMicron controller does work, and that is attached to the Esata, so I imagine it would work. However, again I have not tested it as I don't have any Esata devices. Only audio out works with no digital support at this time. At least not that I have found. The wifi does not work as well, at least not to my knowledge. I actually was able to get my load of hackintosh up and running from a previous 955x chipset without a installing it again. My understanding is that leopard should work on the P35 chipset as well. Make sure you have AHCI enabled on your drives or it won't work.

Do i enabled AHCI in the bios menu? and where can I find news that leopard will work well with the P35 chipset? It sounds so exciting. The wifi not working is a bummer, i hope the esata works. Eventhough I use both, I guess for both there are workaround solutions. Thanks for the reply, it's definitely good to know, which DVD version you installed, and what checkboxes did you check? Thanks again.

Do you, or anyone happen to know the exact brands/names and model numbers for the following not filled out? (ex. Atheros 5006EG, or something along those lines...)

Asus P5K Deluxe Components:

•Audio:

•Wifi:

•LAN:

•Southbridge: ICH9R

•eSATA Controller:

Others, I should note:

To answer my own question, here are the specs:

Asus P5K Premium Components:

• Chipset: Intel® P35 / ICH9R

• Audio: ADI® AD1988B 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC

• Wifi: ASUS WiFi-AP Solo

• LAN: Dual Gigabit LAN controllers, (1) Marvell88E8056® PCI-E Gigabit LAN controllers (2) RealtekRTL8110SC® PCI Gigabit LAN controller

•Southbridge: JMicron® JMB363 PATA and SATA controller

•eSATA Controller:

Can be found here: http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&amp...amp;modelmenu=2

Asus P5K Premium Components Asus P5K-E Components

Intel® P35 / ICH9R Intel® P35 / ICH9R

1333 / 1066 / 800 MHz 1333 / 1066 / 800 MHz

DDR2 1066*/800 / 667 MHz DDR2 1066*/800 / 667 MHz

JMicron® JMB363 PATA and SATA controller JMicron® JMB363 PATA and SATA controller

Dual Gigabit LAN controllers, featuring AI NET2 Gigabit LAN controllers, featuring AI NET2

Marvell88E8056® PCI-E Gigabit LAN controllers Marvell88E8056® PCI-E Gigabit LAN controllers

RealtekRTL8110SC® PCI Gigabit LAN controller

ASUS WiFi-AP Solo [ ASUS WiFi-AP Solo

ADI® AD1988B 8-channel High Definition Audio ADI® AD1988B 8-channel High Definition Audio

If the P5K-E works: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=52907

Wouldn't that mean the P5K Premium should work as well? having almost all the identical components except the additional Realtek Gigabit LAN Controller in the Premium.

If the P5K-E works: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=52907

Wouldn't that mean the P5K Premium should work as well? having almost all the identical components except the additional Realtek Gigabit LAN Controller in the Premium.

yes, all of the workarounds in the P5K-E thread, presumably also the bash script by Asap should work on the P5K-Deluxe

• 2 weeks later...

Asus P5K Premium Components Asus P5K-E Components

Intel® P35 / ICH9R Intel® P35 / ICH9R

1333 / 1066 / 800 MHz 1333 / 1066 / 800 MHz

DDR2 1066*/800 / 667 MHz DDR2 1066*/800 / 667 MHz

JMicron® JMB363 PATA and SATA controller JMicron® JMB363 PATA and SATA controller

Dual Gigabit LAN controllers, featuring AI NET2 Gigabit LAN controllers, featuring AI NET2

Marvell88E8056® PCI-E Gigabit LAN controllers Marvell88E8056® PCI-E Gigabit LAN controllers

RealtekRTL8110SC® PCI Gigabit LAN controller

ASUS WiFi-AP Solo [ ASUS WiFi-AP Solo

ADI® AD1988B 8-channel High Definition Audio ADI® AD1988B 8-channel High Definition Audio

p5kpremium36ox5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

i've got an asus p5k wifi-AP

concerning eSata

i managed to make this work by using 10.4.8 jmicron patch

the disk was a maxtor 120GB

but since i swapped my 120GB by a samsung 500GB (in the same esata Box) - Esata isn't working anymore

however my disk is correctly detected by jmicron bios and mounted in windows (via macdrive)

both disks got a HFS+ partition

i didn't take time to search about this problem (simply reinstalled jmicron patch but without success...)

if i got news , you will be informed of course , but if someone know a remedy ....???

.klimo.

PS : P-ATA via jmicron is VERY SLOW

• 3 months later...