9a499 bugs & problems

intelx

33 posts in this topic

Issues I've been having:

- Many graphical glitches (on new MBP, 2.2 C2D 2GB RAM, nVidia 128MB card, so it seems odd) including strangely displayed text, buttons not showing up properly and various text getting gaarbled when scrolling.

- Most things are slow to launch, though this may have to do with spotlight indexing and a time machine backup

I have yet to do extensive testing and this is my first experience with a build (I hadn't used the WWDC beta) but so far, I like it, but not enough to use over Tiger.

also, sometimes the mouse becomes a blue-ish color and when u press shift-command-4 and u select a place for the screen to be captured, the mouse stays as the selecting tool, pretty annoying and command-delete doesnt work, as it just creates a placeholder file where the other file was and when opening it, it says its in the trash, putting the second file in the trash works tho. also this is on a 17" macbook pro. when moving windows, safari windows seem a bit...slow and safari is overall slow. ;D

EDIT: does this look right?

Picture_1.png

I installed 9A499 on a PowerBook G4. This was a clean install, with a format and everything. I noticed the CPU was at 100% continuously, so I disabled the Airport menubar item. Unfortunately, this did not do anything. I also noticed that sysui was hardly using any cpu at all! the process MDWORKER is always at around 70% while MDS is around 30%. both of these processes go away 10 minutes after boot, but come back within 30 min. Does anyone know what's going on?