Uphuck and Jas?

Agon

8 posts in this topic

Hi. It's been about 5 months since I came back to this forum because my old comp would not want to install at all. I see now that there is another version of OSx86 and that is Uphuck. I am wondering what the difference between Uphuck and Jas are. Do they install the same. Or does Uphuck need Jas to function. Thx for clearing things up, just when I thought my old Jas DVD was the only OSx86 form out there.

Hi,

uphuck is another developer of ox86 boot discs and I personally find "uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 disc"

to be the best install disc i have used so far especially when then updated with the "10.4.10 update for Hackintosh" both can be found at a certain "yo ho ho and a bottle of rum" torrent site.

Don't know about other people's experiences but on my setup this has been the smoothest, fastest

and best install i have used so far.

I have frontrow, iwork06, ilife06, microsoft office 2004, adobe CS3 premium suite and parallels 3.0.4128

working just fine in 10.4.10 and all smooth as silk and quite fast considering my systems lack of ram.

I have xp running in a window in parallels as a 512mb virtual machine and it runs nearly as fast as when

I natively boot the xp partition.

Other than ediiting the airport kext for my broadcom wireless card, using hda patcher for my alc882

sound and re-installing the 10.4.9 gma950 package from the uphuck disc after the 10.4.10 update

it was pretty painless.

I didn't get the uphuck version 1.4 because there is no rosetta in it and I want to be able to run some

old-school ppc apps on my hackintosh.

Good luck on your install.

Regards

niteman1969

• 1 month later...
...I have frontrow, iwork06, ilife06, microsoft office 2004, adobe CS3 premium suite and parallels 3.0.4128

working just fine in 10.4.10 and all smooth as silk and quite fast considering my systems lack of ram....

Hy,

I updatet Uphucks 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 and i get Kernel Panics in FrontRow and Parallels. Same Problem with JAS to .4.10! What is the problem?

Asrock Conroe1333-DVI/H R2.0 (Intel 945G + GMA950)

Core2Duo E4400

2 GB-DDR800

Thanks....

JaS .8 installs fine for me but recently I've been trying uphuck's 1.3 and 1.4i but i cant get either to boot. they install fine but when i reboot after install i get 'com.apple.Boot.plist file not found' i cant even boot -v or -s to see or attempt to fix it. any ideas?