Selling Gaming PC

SkanknGangsta

9 posts in this topic

Price: $800.00 USD

A computer I built and used for gaming. This computer maxes out the graphics in most games. Half-Life 2, Doom 3, FarCry, Call of Duty 2, Age of Empires 3, Supreme Commander, Company of Heroes, Battlefield 2 and 2142, Shadowrun, and Counter-Strike: Source, all run at their maximum graphics potential.

But keep in mind, just because its purpose was built for gaming, doesn't mean its only good for just that, in fact what it means, is that since its such a powerful machine, you wont have to upgrade for a while, and Windows Vista is fully supported and runs without a hitch. Computer is in pretty good condition, and has excellent airflow to cool down parts.

Processor: AMD Opteron 165 1.8GHz DUAL-CORE

Memory: 2GB DDR (Dual-Channel)

Optical: DVD/R-RW Drive

Optical: x16 DVD-ROM Drive

Graphics: Sapphire X1950PRO 256mb PCI-EXPRESS

Hard-Drive: 320GB SATA 3.0 Connection

Back-Up Hard-Drive: 80GB IDE Connection

Motherboard: DFI LanParty CFX-3200-DR

Power Supply: Antec Trio! 650 Watts

Sound Card: SoundBlaster Audigy 4

Connection ports on the computer: x8 USB, x2 FireWire, Support for Surround Sound (Up to 7.1), and x2 Ethernet.

Because of legal reasons I cant include a Windows Installiation with this purchase (If you know what I mean). But if you would like, I could Install a Windows Vista Ultimate 30-Day Trial, or a Linux Distribution.

Source: http://tampa.craigslist.org/sys/369002311.html

Im selling my computer to any of you guys out there. Im saving up to buy a Macbook Pro to use for school, Ill be getting into film, so Final Cut Studio is a must. If you would like to buy, contact me at JasonHubsmith@Gmail.com

Please don't bump your threads after 4 hours. (Especially during the over night hours for many people.)

FYI: I just sold a similar system, (a little more powerful though), didn't get any responses here since I'm assuming most people already have decent systems.

You might have to try craigslist or ebay. (I sold mine on ebay.)

You can see my specs below, but I got $460 US with Buy it Now option, so that might give you an idea of what you can try to get for it.

Damn bro, you got ripped off then, that computer is worth more than twice that.

There a difference in what a computer is worth and how much you can actually sell it for. (And how fast you need to sell it)

I priced out how much NEW parts for the core components were and remarkably it was only about $200 more. Pretty hard to justify and get even more when it is used just because you might have fancy components, like coolers, etc. Most people don't care and just see the same performance level at same price level. Additionally it usually costs buyers more in shipping to buy on ebay than the discounts they can get from Dell, Gateway, etc.

(It factors in.)

My suggestion to you is if you can wait it out to sell, try to find someone locally or someone you know. You have better chance of getting more.

True, I have it on CraigsList and Ebay righ now, I actually priced out my components on NewEgg and it came out to be $1000.00

Oh yeah I forogt to put on it, that since I had the Opteron 165 I over clocked it like a {censored}. Well at least to me since it was my first time. (2.5ghz) on stock cooling.

Doesn't matter what it is on Newegg, your parts are used, you can't expect to sell it for retail price.

Anyways, what are the timings of your ram? And have you tried any other type of cooling to get passed 2.5. Opts 165 should get higher than that. D: