Got my 3 GHz 8-core Mac Pro

13 posts in this topic

Delivered this morning—blazing with 5 GB of RAM and X1900XT. Now got to add two 750 GB HDDs into the empty drive slots and put on FCP Studio (which I also bought).

Second actual Mac after 24" Core 2 Duo iMac bought at Christmas.

So Apple, you did get some love from OSX86.

My only complaints--wish it had come with 2 GB of RAM as standard and Tiger.

Dude, sounds awesome!

Can't really afford a config like that, but tomorrow I'm picking up a Mac Pro 2,66, default config. It's second hand but still has 6 months of warranty left (comes from a shop with receipt) and I can still decide to get the extra 2 years warranty.

My pc is currently running OSX86 which is the ONLY reason I'm doing this. I would have never even thought about buying a Mac without being able to try it out this (illegal) way. PC has 4GB with 4 x 320GB SATAII disks. I'll move those disks to the Mac Pro and put the 250GB in the PC. PC will get Vista x64 Ultimate (OEM that came with the PC) and will be running Vmware and MediaCenter (Extender for the Xbox360) and I'll be out of the woods with all the illegal copies ... I actually care about that :censored2: .

The Mac will be my ultimate toy for all my media needs. Can't wait!!

Maybe next month I can take the plunge on some extra memory.

I love mine, the 2.66 model.

Logic Pro has a big song playing back that used to stall my G4, crash my hack n mac.

15% CPU with only a gig or ram. 4 gigs on the way.

Need to grab a 3rd HD drive as well

I love this thing.

:gathering::PB) B) B) B)

Mostly happy with my 8-core 3Ghz MP too :)

Just miss a decent graphics-card for it. Got my one with a GF 7300 and have been looking for support for Quadro FX 4600 to at least be able to boot in to OS X. But these seems to be Windows-only so far.

Mostly happy with my 8-core 3Ghz MP too :)

Just miss a decent graphics-card for it. Got my one with a GF 7300 and have been looking for support for Quadro FX 4600 to at least be able to boot in to OS X. But these seems to be Windows-only so far.

I am looking to build this exact same setup but have been struggleing on the phone with support teams all over the map looking for drivers.

No luck eh???

I don't want to have to settle for the 4500 i really want to invest in the 4600 but i would love to get the 8core mac. not have to go PC

Scot

• 2 weeks later...

Wizi >

Geekbench Score 8793

Version Geekbench 2.0.5

Platform Mac OS X x86 (32-bit)

Operating System Mac OS X 10.4.10 (Build 8R2218)

Processor Intel® Xeon® CPU X5365 @ 3.00GHz

Model Mac Pro (8-core)

Memory 2.00 GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

Scot Bryson >

No luck, seems like its Apple that dont want us to have these, when I asked the support @ nvidia...