no dial up modem support in 9a466?

Embio

13 posts in this topic

I have a similar problem with a Huawei E220 hsdpa usb modem. The driver and app install fine, the app can communicate with the modem, but when I try to connect/dial I get an error.

post-117995-1183110503_thumb.png

The following errors in the console:

6/29/07 Jun 29, 11:47:30  pppd[1282] pppd 2.4.2 (Apple version 304) started by root, uid 502
6/29/07 Jun 29, 11:47:30  kernel ::acquirePort: - Start read.!
6/29/07 Jun 29, 11:47:31  ccl[1284] Apple Internal 56K Modem script Version 2.1
6/29/07 Jun 29, 11:47:35  ccl[1284] CCLExit: -6019 (Modem error, modem not responding.)

6/29/07 Jun 29, 11:47:35  pppd[1282] Connect script failed
6/29/07 Jun 29, 11:47:36  kernel ::privateWatchState: Port is not active.
6/29/07 Jun 29, 11:47:36  kernel ::dequeueData: - Interrupted!
6/29/07 Jun 29, 11:47:37  kernel ::privateWatchState: Port is not active.
6/29/07 Jun 29, 11:47:37  kernel ::dataReadComplete: Read complete io error.

I've been having a lot of difficulty as well, though mine at least works with some effort. I'm using a Motorola RAZR v3xx as a modem via USB or Bluetooth (HSDPA, yay!) and it works fine the first time I set it up, but to set it up I need to add the connection in Network settings, then goto Internet Connect.app and change the modem script to the appropriate one (the modem script setting in Network prefs seems to have no effect). Once I do that I can connect just fine. But.. After I unplug the phone from my macbook the settings no longer work. When I plug the phone back in and click Connect, it tells me it can't find the device. Every time I plug the phone in I need to reinstall the phone, basically.

It works, but definitely not an ideal solution. It seems this build of Leopard is smack dab in the middle of a network/dial up networking overhaul. Seems to be for the best though, I'm loving the new interface.

I've been having a lot of difficulty as well, though mine at least works with some effort. I'm using a Motorola RAZR v3xx as a modem via USB or Bluetooth (HSDPA, yay!) and it works fine the first time I set it up, but to set it up I need to add the connection in Network settings, then goto Internet Connect.app and change the modem script to the appropriate one (the modem script setting in Network prefs seems to have no effect). Once I do that I can connect just fine. But.. After I unplug the phone from my macbook the settings no longer work. When I plug the phone back in and click Connect, it tells me it can't find the device. Every time I plug the phone in I need to reinstall the phone, basically.

It works, but definitely not an ideal solution. It seems this build of Leopard is smack dab in the middle of a network/dial up networking overhaul. Seems to be for the best though, I'm loving the new interface.

I had my HTC TyTN paired and could use Bluetooth PAN only ONCE. Now when I connect to the network there's no internet connection.

I tried changing the modem script through Internet Connect.app but I get the exact same error as mentioned above.

just a thought - if we log in as root does that help? I'm away from my external drive with leopard on it at the minute, but once I get home I will grab it and try

Opened a terminal, sudo -s to root. Started the HuaweiApp and clicked connect. No dice, still giving Modem error.

Ran Internet Connect as root, hit connect... and IT WORKS!

And here I was about to boot the install DVD and restore my Tiger backup :thumbsup_anim:

Guess I'll stick with the new cat a little longer.

edit: Did a chmod +s on Internet Connect and it works like a charm now.

I logged into Leopard as Root, connected, then logged back into my user account and it was fine. strange thing in the root though - no spotlight and not copying files from one location to another in Finder. any one else seen this??

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

This is my first message on InsanelyMac forum, so first of all Hi there!

Unfortunetly, my first message is about some issues I have with Leopard 9a466 and Bluetooth 3G dailing.

The problem I have is that when I setup a device (even as root), I can go through all the parameters and it seems to work fine.

Later, when I try to dial the connection, it fails with the following messages in /var/log/ppp.log (debug is enabled)

Tue Jul 24 09:44:39 2007 : Connect script failed
Tue Jul 24 09:45:03 2007 : Apple Internal 56K Modem script Version 2.1
Tue Jul 24 09:45:04 2007 : CCLWrite : AT\13
Tue Jul 24 09:45:04 2007 : CCLMatched : OK\13\10
Tue Jul 24 09:45:04 2007 : CCLWrite : ATI4\13
Tue Jul 24 09:45:07 2007 : CCLWrite : AT&F1E0W2S95=45S0=0&D3S7=120+MS=11,1,300,33600\13
Tue Jul 24 09:45:07 2007 : CCLMatched : ERROR\13\10
Tue Jul 24 09:45:07 2007 : CCLWrite : AT&F\13
Tue Jul 24 09:45:08 2007 : CCLExit: -6019 (Modem error, modem not responding.)

As you can see, pppd / Internet Connect is using the wrong Script, it is using the Apple Internal 56K script version 2.1 while it should be using the Sony Ericsson GPRS script.

If I go into the System Preferences, then Network and change the script in my Bluetooth connection, it doesn't save the change. as soon as I click Apply and go back to Advanced, the script is back to Apple Internal 56k.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

What would you advise?

What I am trying right now is to reset my Bluetooth and Network configuration back to default. So far, I haven't found how to do that.

Perhaps as well, I could manually generate a ppp config and start pppd manually?

Thanks in advance for your support!

--

Alexis

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone,

I don't know if this is the correct forum to place this question, but anyways I had installed iAtkos v1.0i r2 on my hp dv6735ee and got everything working except for my wireless card and Telephone line. The problem that I am facing is Dial-up internet. I don't have Dial-up internet working (telephone line) so is there a way that I can get it to work please.

Any help will be appreciated

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Hefisots73

A non-gui method of configuring and using dial-up connections

There is a command-line tool for creating and managing ppp connections called "pppconfig" which works very well. It is a standard Debian/Ubuntu package.

Once youve created your dial-up profile, containing the dial-up number, modem initialization, and other options you can use other programs to connect and disconnect:

To connect to a profile named "MyISP"

Code: