Mouse and Keyboard ;-)

achtung

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I run a homebrew version of OS X 10.4.8 an an Intel Core 2 Duo machine with a NVIDIA Geforce 7600GS. Everything works fine but i have two issues I can't resolve:

1) I have two different USB mouses. Both have the same general problem. They are REALLY unprecise under OS X. Imagine you have two small buttons next to each other. If my mouse cursor is on the first button and I try to click the other its nearly impossible to hit this button with one attempt. This drives me crazy...

Btw. I tried all of these solutions:

-Logitech Control Center LCC

-Microsoft IntelliMouse

-USB Overdrive

-MouseFix

They all allow me to tune the speed/resolution of the mouse but the behaviour is still extremly sluggish. Both mouses work perfectly with Vista or Linux.

2) After every reboot of OS X I have to go to the Preference pane for the keyboard (I use a USB Keyboard) to identify it as a european version. If i don't do this i can't use some key (combinations). OS X dosn't seem to remember my settings...?

Any suggestions are welcome.

P.S I'am not a native speaker ;-)

use 32 bit color depth

What do you mean? My setting in "Preferences/Displays" is "Colors: Millions". And I really don't think its a color depth problem? But correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks anyway.

• 1 month later...

yeah, i am having the same problem too.

but i am using ps2 mouse, it is too sluggish on mac and not precise at all. I have a kvm switch, when i switch to windows, the mouse is functioning perfectly, precise and smooth.

• 2 months later...

I also had that problem till I installed SteerMouse 3.7 :D after that everything gone better. But I still miss the incredible precision my Logitech original driver gave me on WinXP :) It seems that my 800dpi mouse runs on 600dpi or less on Tiger 10.4.8, even the acceleration is more than ok :)