Classic Support on Leopard

nivritchari

8 posts in this topic

Hi

I just installed Leopard 9a466 and found out that it does not support classic at all. I have typed classic in the help section and it informed me that classic is no longer supported. I am running a G4. Can any one tell me whether there is any virtualization available for PPC( Like virtual PC), so that I can install classic. Thanks for any help.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a ready package with the rom and OS 9 on the green demon, it's called Classic On Intel, but since it's actually just SheepShaver, and in it's documentation it says that on PowerPC it runs in real-time, so you should give it a try

Thanks for the tips guys. I tried COI. It really does works. But unfortunately it doesnot support microsoft word and program to write my native tongue. So, I am back to my old osx. Too bad Apple is dropping classic support in leopard.

It's not a bad thing Classic Support was cut...OS9 and all before have been officially dead for a while. Any applications that require classic should be abandoned and an alternative OSX version should be available in most cases. I'm still removing the junk from classic on my system from Tiger. RIP OS 8-9 I hope you are kept dead.