leopard x64?

dyemaniac

13 posts in this topic

I say you are right. If Apple didn't include both 32- and 64-bit codes of the OS, they would be leaving behind a small chunk of Macs out there today... PowerBooks, iBooks, older iMacs, PowerMacs... oh, just a little bit of what's out there.

</sarcasm>

i have a macbook pro core duo :thumbsdown_anim: but i like it. I also have a macbook core 2 duo :thumbsup_anim: . I installed it on my macbook pro and I want to install it on my macbook but im wondering if I need to upgrade it to get the 64 bit or reinstall everything. I know that reinstalling it would be better but i dont wanna have to backup everything like i did on the macbook pro.

i have a macbook pro core duo :( but i like it. I also have a macbook core 2 duo :D . I installed it on my macbook pro and I want to install it on my macbook but im wondering if I need to upgrade it to get the 64 bit or reinstall everything. I know that reinstalling it would be better but i dont wanna have to backup everything like i did on the macbook pro.

I don't know why you people ignore the information reported by EVERYONE who tries the upgrade path.

IT WILL NOT GO WELL FOR ANYONE INVOLVED.

Now that that's out of the way, the best bet would be to just use iBackup and back your current machine up. Keep your Tiger install dvds ready and do a clean wipe fresh install of Cousin Leo.

I believe, as far as 32 or 64 bit goes, it just looks at your hardware and if you can support 64 bit it goes with that. As it does not ask during the install.