OSX86 n00b .cdr help...

Macisgr3at

9 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! Just joined and am a total n00b at the whole osx86 deal. I have a mac, but i need more of a thrill lol...

I am having some trouble installing... Ive obtained a copy of uphuck_10.4.9_universal_dvd_v1.3.cdr and that is where my problems begin :) ....

How do i burn a .cdr file? Vista & Nero wont recognize it...

Thanks!

Alright, ive overcome the Ebios issue. I re burnt the disk at a slow speed and it worked... Now i have another issue, i am in the installer, the installer is black and white and pretty grainy.... Here is a pic....

Also their is no destination... I have XP installed on the computer but i thought that i could use osx to partiton that... Its all on a tiny 30gb disk, so i am only going to allocate 11 gigs to the osx install

PIC-0079.jpg

First Post! I'm using my test machine as I type this with 10.4.8 from Jas. I have a Compaq D510 that I bought cheap with a 2.4GHz P4, 1G Corsair, Sony DVDRW and onboard video and sound based on the Intel 845G chipset. Everything works though I can't play DVD's but thats not a big issue for me. My display is 1024x768 with color. Not sure why you have a black/white display though, I just don't think its your chipset since I have the 845 as well

partition it from windows to fat32(use something like partitionmagic or swissknife) then disk utility on the install disk will recognize it, and it can be formatted with HFS+.

hopefully that will work as far as install location.