MSI 945GZM6-F any chance?

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have a asrock conroe board but it runs at a maximum of 800Mhz fsb, and a saw this board from MSI which seems to allow 1066Mhz and so core2duo (other than the E4300) can run on it.

As it's an Intel 945GZ Express chipset, it should work, the Southbridge is Intel ICH7, it uses gma 950, alc883 audio and allows PC2-530 memory.

Did someone try this board?

Here is a link to this board: http://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00058024.html (i'm french...).

I know it's supposed to work, but some boards were supposed to and finally doesn't, so i'm asking before buying!

Thanks all!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i will answer myself,

The board should work perfectly, but only with core2duo E4300 or 4400, fsb 1066 is not really supported (the specs above are not right).

The MSI 945GM3-F board seems to be much better, in fact i'm using it right now... I just need to install afew things...

Haven't tried the MSI but I use the Asrock ConroeXFire-eSata2(see my sig). Has everything I want including Firewire & eSata. Very stable in OSX. Only thing that doesn't work is the audio, stereo out only, no mic in. It supports 1066MHz unofficially. Takes Core2Duos but not Quads. Last but not least, it's cheap. I have a 2 full-time hackintoshes running on this board since 10.4.7.

• 4 years later...

I'M running Kalyway 10.5.2 on this board without any problem except the processor using only one core. i tried different distros but only this one worked for me. Now i'm trying to get all cores work. Any help?

I'M running Kalyway 10.5.2 on this board without any problem except the processor using only one core. i tried different distros but only this one worked for me. Now i'm trying to get all cores work. Any help?