macbook pro after screensaver lag

8 posts in this topic

this just started, everytime i wake my laptop from a screensaver it takes like 5 seconds to go away, and then my computer is very slow for around 2 minutes after it has been awakend. is this normal?

Don't think so. I have the exact same computer as you do, and it comes out of screensaver/display sleep instantly. No lag, no slowness.

Heh, I just noticed that you're ONE post below having three times as many as me. :hysterical:

hmm. it started after i downloaded some daemones kernel thing, i tried to delete it, but it said it was in use, afer i figured out how to delete it, it started doing this.

hmm. it started after i downloaded some daemones kernel thing, i tried to delete it, but it said it was in use, afer i figured out how to delete it, it started doing this.

Are you using the DaemonES kernel on your MBP? That's messed up.... :blink:

i don't think so... i downloaded it to have it, and i clicked on it. then i couldn't get rid of it. how would i check?

oh, {censored}. i have a folder in my system folder called "LaunchDaemons". i can guess that's bad

i don't think so... i downloaded it to have it, and i clicked on it. then i couldn't get rid of it. how would i check?

oh, {censored}. i have a folder in my system folder called "LaunchDaemons". i can guess that's bad

LaunchDaemons isn't a bad thing. Those are just the system daemons that start on launch, such as file sharing, kerberos, etc.