Windows explorer-like Mod for Finder

yoursagentsmith

7 posts in this topic

Hi folks

forgive me for my n00bness... as probably some of you are coming from Windows environment like me, I found a little strange the Mac way to launch applications. While the Dock is very useful and nice to see, you can't clog it with hundreds of icons.

I don't like to find the application I want from the hard disk > Applications window, it seems like Windows 3.1 Program Manager. Is there a way to add an Application drop-down menu to the Apple menu or in the Dock? I remember there was in System 9...

Plus is there a better file manager than finder? More like Windows Explorer, with a window split in two, left side a tree, and other side the inside of selected folder.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Thank you for your precious suggestions. I installed Himmelbar and it does its work well, too bad that its icon is among the system applets near the clock.

I'll give a try to put the folders to the dock, but it seems I have to find 5 minutes to put the applications into groups :whistle:

Quicksilver have to be much more than a simple launcher, for what I saw on their website I must have a look to it.

Thank you for your precious suggestions. I installed Himmelbar and it does its work well, too bad that its icon is among the system applets near the clock.

I'll give a try to put the folders to the dock, but it seems I have to find 5 minutes to put the applications into groups :|

Quicksilver have to be much more than a simple launcher, for what I saw on their website I must have a look to it.

yes,

there's an amazing amount of stuff u can do with quicksilver.

I allows you to do most of the things in osx without using the mouse at all.

Although i only use it to launch and manage music ^_^

and btw, you can move the system icons in your menubar if you want. Just apple+left click the icon and you'll be able to move them around. Only works with system ones though (and perhaps some apps).