Did anybody used "Volume"version CS3 on Hacintosh?

fina1st

6 posts in this topic

[sorry for my English]

I have a "Volume" version Adobe Design Premium CS3.

This shouldn't require activation if using a special kind of serial (ELicense).

So I reinstall my OS (clean Jas 10.4.8 + Jas 10.4.9update,and JAVA update).

Install this version CS3, Enter Elicense Number......

and it crashed!

Did anybody installed and use it on Hacintosh???

Use the [k] to patch CS3, I found some bugs...

1. Lost some color Profiles[Europe XXX profile].

2. Can't set "Color Profile" in Bridge.

3. in Ai, if I use "Free Transform Tool" to free transform(not scale) a "MeshTool" object, the curve change to beeline.

4. in Ai, place a picture, and use "Ink Dropper" to get a color from it, I get a darken color than primary

The Windows version CS3 haven't that problem.

PS: Some friends from "MSJ" told me CS3 can't used on Hacintosh without [k], must on Macintosh.

Hi, you have to use a special compil of IONetworkingFamily.kext to get lmutil working correctly.

here is what i found and keep don't remember where, but hope this help :

The "HostID" is unique ID number that identifies your computer. This number is used to generate a FLEXlm license key.

The method described in the previous post should return the "HostID" using the "lmutil lmhostid" binary executable.

If your hackintosh doesn't return a "HostID", then software relying on FLEXlm (eg CS3) will not work.

The "lmutil lmhostid" utility should print the exact "HostID" that FLEXlm expects to use on any given machine.

For Mac OS X, the "HostID" is formed from the Media Access Control(MAC) address of the Network Interface en0 with the colons removed.

So on a machine with a en0 MAC address of 00:13:8f:ec:04:a2, then the "HostID" should be 00138fec04a2.

Here is the output from "lmutil lmhostid" when the IONetworkingFamily.kext is all good:

Andy-iHack:~ andy$ /Users/andy/Desktop/lmutil lmhostid

lmutil - Copyright © 1989-2006 Macrovision Europe Ltd. and/or Macrovision Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

The FLEXlm host ID of this machine is "00138fec04a2"

Here is the output from "lmutil lmhostid" when the IONetworkingFamily.kext is FUBAR:

Andy-iHack:~ andy$ /Users/andy/Desktop/lmutil lmhostid

lmutil - Copyright © 1989-2006 Macrovision Europe Ltd. and/or Macrovision Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

The FLEXlm host ID of this machine is ""

lmhostid: Cannot find ethernet device. (-29,581)

Same problem with Magic Bullet Suite 2.1, they both use flexlm, so does Maya! I installed the patched IONetworkingFamily.kext v1.5.1 but no luck, still getting the same error.

Please help someone

I have the same crash problem,too.

I think that CS3 VOL isn't need FLEXlm.

And I think it's a problem of kernel or something in system.

Because I have runed it in 10.4.9 with 8.9.1 kernel.

But it crash when I update to 10.4.10 with 8.10.1 kernel. :(

• 4 weeks later...