Asus P5W DH Deluxe Thread for Uphuck's DVDs

Clayman

9 posts in this topic

Okay. Since I wanted to update to 10.4.9, I went ahead and gave Uphucks OSX 1.2 version a try. No joy. All I get after installing is a blinking cursor.

Anyway, since there was such a huge, informative thread about getting JAS 10.4.8 installer to work, I'd be really glad if we could keep this tradition alive with updated versions of OSX86, since lots of people own this motherboard, apparently.

If you were successful installing Uphucks version, please post here what drivers/kernel, etc. you used during installation - it'd be nice being able to use this thread as a guideline.

I'll post some more results later on, my specs upfront:

Asus P5W DH Deluxe

Core 2 Duo E6600

2gb RAM

Quadro FX 5500 (hardware-flashed from a MSI 7900gto)

3 SATA Disks (Windows, Storage, Macintosh) + 1 external HD

--

Okay, so let's get it going!

---

RESSOURCES:

Justins P5W DH Deluxe Blog

Netkas 10.4.9 Kernel Blog

Ritz' 10.4.9 Maruta Thread

10.4.8 Installer Guide by Candykane

Original P5W DH / JAS 10.4.8 Thread

Tarugas AppleHDA Patcher

News from the underground:

I tried to install it with the newest SSE3 kernel and with the Universal Kernel, both didn't work. I also tried to install it with the J-Micron Patch, the IOATAFamily.kext and the ICH7-R patch, but nothing worked. The only thing that pops up after installing is a blinking cursor.

@Kaspers:

Yeah, it's a custom OSX DVD made by, guess whom, uphuck.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=53319

It's on the green demon, just read it up.

Has some really nice options in it, like NTFS3g or ext2fs support, etc. - and it'd be nice to have it working. So, if anyone had more success than I have - please post results.

PS: One HUGE problem that I have is that I just can't get sound working on 10.4.9. Even with your AppleHDA kext, kaspers, just doesn't work. I don't get it.

Oh. To get sound working, you HAVE TO put the Line Out cable into the BACK port. Front Port is not supported. Great. Took me like 1 1/2 hours to find this out.

• 1 month later...
Anyone get uphuck working on p5w-dh deluxe?

I'm using the r3 release and it works fine. The only thing that didn't work after the installation was the onboard sound... but I download the AppleHDA v0.4 on these forums and now I have sound.

What seems to be not working?

I'm using the r3 release and it works fine. The only thing that didn't work after the installation was the onboard sound... but I download the AppleHDA v0.4 on these forums and now I have sound.

What seems to be not working?

This is exactly my experience as well. Only sound was not working after install. I then updated to 10.4.10 and everything is still fine and good.

News from the underground:

I tried to install it with the newest SSE3 kernel and with the Universal Kernel, both didn't work. I also tried to install it with the J-Micron Patch, the IOATAFamily.kext and the ICH7-R patch, but nothing worked. The only thing that pops up after installing is a blinking cursor.

Same thing happens to me when i try to install on another hdd for testing ????

The HDD is exaclty the same as the one i have a working uphuck 1.4r3 on ....