Leopard's 300 New Features?

Pentad

9 posts in this topic

Like all of you, I'm pretty impressed with Leopard and have no problem voicing my opinion with my credit card. However, I'm a bit confused with Steve's 300 new features list. Do we know what all 300 are? Its been a stressful week at work so I might be confused -of course I was hoping to relax this weekend with a fresh install of a certain beta OS- but I didn't think we heard that number before.

Anybody have a list?

-P

Like all of you, I'm pretty impressed with Leopard and have no problem voicing my opinion with my credit card. However, I'm a bit confused with Steve's 300 new features list. Do we know what all 300 are? Its been a stressful week at work so I might be confused -of course I was hoping to relax this weekend with a fresh install of a certain beta OS- but I didn't think we heard that number before.

Anybody have a list?

-P

I don't think they will never be listed anywhere, when Panther came out they had promo videos where a red circle with "New Feature XXX" on it preluded a demonstration of the feature.

Needles to say, the demos only showed a dozen of features, no more - and I suspect the numbers where kinda random.

Sounds like The Sims Expansion Packs' "Over 250 new objects" to me... useless to waste your time counting them.

I find the whole situation quite comical:

Tiger had a blue abstract backgorund as its default. Windows XP had a grassy field that was more realistic.

Now Leopard has a more realistic grassy background, and Vista has an abstract green background.

It's funny how both companies end up going in opposite directions…

http://www.apple.com/macosx/newfeatures/over200.html

This is the list from Tiger to give you an idea.

Oh-ho, marketing department seems to be doing pretty good after all.

I find the whole situation quite comical:

Tiger had a blue abstract backgorund as its default. Windows XP had a grassy field that was more realistic.

Now Leopard has a more realistic grassy background, and Vista has an abstract green background.

It's funny how both companies end up going in opposite directions…

Well, Vista was often demoed with the green grass closeup too, if I'm not mistaken.

I don't know if Jobs chosed the grass on purpose, or perhaps he just likes green.

After some thought, funny thing, of all the wallpapers I've had up since I bought my core duo imac in April of 06, most of them were plants/flora of some kind, with the dominant colour being a cool (not too bright) green. The others I chose were landscapes, and again, a lot of green in them, plus the old HIG-friendly blue.