JaS disk on a real Mac

N!CK

9 posts in this topic

Im buying a no os powermac it will run the latest OS X. i was wondering if i could boot into and install From my JaS disk without the patches. seeing as how i dont want to buy a copy of osx until Leopard is realeased i thought this would be a good idea. i dont know if it'll work because of the ISO format and such...

PowerPC you say, no JaS disk. The OS on the disk is X86 only.

technically no, although it wont run on a computer becuase of the patches the OS is still universal and would be able to install if the patches werent there but they are so it wont work.

Also Leopard is going to be Intel only, as far as I've heard. Now, that was in January, things could have changed, it might be universal, but make sure you check before you buy.

haha where did you hear this from??? why would apple just go and discontinue a bigg market? i would guess that there are more PPC macs out there than intel still. im not sure but that makes sense to me. So yes like cheese and pancakes said Leopard will support PPC from G4 and up. in your case just download a tiger image from a torrent site i cannot name....

It won't work at all. The supplied bootkernel won't recognise EFI hardware, which all (recent) Macs use. It'll kernelpanic almost immediately.

I can't imagine why you'd want to run it instead of a genuine version!?