OSX 10.4.9 usb troubles

henrycault

7 posts in this topic

First time posting here,

I build a box based on a HP Pavilion m7570n

Pentium D 915 / 2Gb DDR2 533 / 320Gb SATA drive / Gigabyte Geforce 7600GT 256MB PCIE Silent pipe2 / DVD lightscribe burner etc,etc

I installed JAS 10.4.8 SSE3 and patched to 10.4.9 and installed drivers for sound,network,video. Everything works perfectly, i can even play 3D games and flip between applications as fast as a real mac (macbook pro 2.16 i tested) can do. But during installation i installed the 10.4.8 USB fix on the disc, and when i tried a USB key... nothing, tried a USB mouse....it actually crashed the system.

Now i tried on another m7570n without the patch and it worked... But on this one (the one im using full time now) i played with it too much to just reinstall everything from scratch, is there a way to undo my error? As in removing that USB fix without reinstalling the whole setup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and by the way, yes that HP system has a PVR-150MCE tv tuner inside. I dont think anything exists to make it work in OSX.

Thanks for your time

My savior! i am totally speechless! Now my system is exactly like a mac for real, so damn fast, actually that same system is faster with OSX on it than it was with its original WinXP MCE 2005.

Thanks a lot for this tip!

My savior! i am totally speechless! Now my system is exactly like a mac for real, so damn fast, actually that same system is faster with OSX on it than it was with its original WinXP MCE 2005.

Thanks a lot for this tip!

No prob dude ^_- Glad i could help :censored2: (and btw i would chenge the topic line saying that its fixed now :pirate2:)

• 4 months later...
First time posting here,

I build a box based on a HP Pavilion m7570n

Pentium D 915 / 2Gb DDR2 533 / 320Gb SATA drive / Gigabyte Geforce 7600GT 256MB PCIE Silent pipe2 / DVD lightscribe burner etc,etc

I installed JAS 10.4.8 SSE3 and patched to 10.4.9 and installed drivers for sound,network,video. Everything works perfectly, i can even play 3D games and flip between applications as fast as a real mac (macbook pro 2.16 i tested) can do. But during installation i installed the 10.4.8 USB fix on the disc, and when i tried a USB key... nothing, tried a USB mouse....it actually crashed the system.

Now i tried on another m7570n without the patch and it worked... But on this one (the one im using full time now) i played with it too much to just reinstall everything from scratch, is there a way to undo my error? As in removing that USB fix without reinstalling the whole setup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and by the way, yes that HP system has a PVR-150MCE tv tuner inside. I dont think anything exists to make it work in OSX.

Thanks for your time

I have this same system and would like to give OSx86 a whirl. What drivers did you have to obtain and where did you obtain them? Any links and direction would be most aprechiated. Also can you give any additional feedback specific to this system? I would like this experice of transition from origional Windows XP MCE 2005 to Mac OSx86 to be a smooth and fulfilling one. Any tips and hints would be great.