can you plant the appple boot sound into your bios

9 posts in this topic

Is it possible to put any sort of sound into your bios? i dont know how the bios would decode say an .mp3 but it would be cool to stick the apple boot noise into your bios so right when you hit that power button WHAM! there it is... and then eliminate ALL of the post messages and then you have your EXTREAM Hackintosh lol.... so is it possible?

Is it possible to put any sort of sound into your bios? i dont know how the bios would decode say an .mp3 but it would be cool to stick the apple boot noise into your bios so right when you hit that power button WHAM! there it is... and then eliminate ALL of the post messages and then you have your EXTREAM Hackintosh lol.... so is it possible?

My Asus F3Jc plays a bios startup sound when I hit the power button, maybe, its possible to change the sound by the Mac startup sound....

But don't know how.

• 3 weeks later...

If your bios already plays a noise, then you should be able to do it by getting a bios dump, finding where the audio is and replacing it exactly with the new audio in the exact same format. Otherwise you'd have to custom-code a bios compatible with your motherboard and have sound playback code in it. So, for all practical purposes, it's not possible.

• 1 year later...

See if u can find a dos type command that will play a sound file (bound to be one) and try put it in b4 ur bootloader or something.

Won`t be the same as L`Apple obviously, but it`s the best I can think of without hacking ur bios irrepairably.