Mac OS X 10.4.8 + SATA Hard disk issues

suresh5star

8 posts in this topic

Friends, I got MAC OS X 10.4.8[JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1]... Im not able to install on my SATA Hard disk.... Whn I select Disk Utilities its not showing th Hard disk....Plz tell me how can I install MAC on my SATA... I have gone through th previous threads regarding SATA but didnt understand th things.... Plz help me to install MAC on my SATA.....

ofcourse you can install osx onto sata but it depends on your chipset, some are not supported to do a native install yet. so would be interesting wich chipset your mainboard has. Nforce4 for example is problematic. Or get a cheap IDE HDD for osx and you will be fine.

Cheers,

aKy

check your bios.

some motherboards have a setting that let your sata drives run and be detected as IDE drives.

I know my gigabyte 965p-DQ6 lets me do that.

Install it in IDE mode and when you're done you can switch it back to SATA mode.

no need to buy a different drive

ASUS A8N-SLI: could it be this setting? Doesn't seem so, so i'll just ask you ;)

no thats not it

i looked over you motherboard's manual I dont think you have the setting im talkin about

On my system it's called "Onboard Sata/IDE Device : and you can select from IDE, AHCI, and RAID/IDE i select IDE when installing.

Also there's a setting called SATA Port 0-3 Native mode: Enabled = IDE mode, Disabled = IDE legacy mode...I enable it when installing just to be safe