soo close....help

SwatSniper

11 posts in this topic

This is my crapy story, and hopefully someone can turn it into a happy ending. Well, i tried JaS for monthes at a time(10.4.8), and i always got a I/O error. So i found this great site to help me with getting mac to run next to my vista. I got the OSx86 and got the .img(my bro owns a mac), and wrote it to my hard drive(Arconis is my boot loader). Then it found mac so i tried to run it, then it started booting, so i started to jumping out of my chair. Then the problem started, it had a little sign above the apple logo. It looked like the no smoking sign, but no cigarette in the middle and no color. So anybody who knows what this means please help me out. =[ =[ =[ =[

My pc is a Gatway with AMD athlon 64 3500+

1 Gb ram

and a nvidea 7600 512 mb

Please help me!

I think we need some more Info on this. What board do you use? Chipset? (Nforce4, VIA, etc.?) Are you using SATA or PATA hard drives? As you have an Athlon64 3500 i guess its an SSE3 cpu. Correct me if im wrong because this is a necessary info too. Did you customize your installation? which options did you use? And at least, try to boot in verbose mode (-v) where you can set boot parameters before booting into osx and post where it hangs.

Also try to browse the forum, the search function is your friend. Lots of different problems were already discussed and many solutions are presented.

P.S. full support for your graphic card will be problematic i think because it has 512mb of ram. less would be better.

Cheers,

aKy

well it is a SSe3, a Nforce chip set, and a PATA(not sure if that is right but it uses a IDE cable not a SATA cable), but i did not use JaS i used a VMware installed .img them just copied it using dd. i did just -v and it said something about a IOUSB and just stoped there.

were can i get the drivers, for the AMD

Sorry for the double post but at this point i'm not even sure wht i have, i attached some pics of the device manager from vista. i did the cs to mater thing but that did not help. it gave me a disk 4: I/O error insted of disk 0, also i dont even have the usb legacey thing in my bios.

post-114244-1181780245_thumb.jpg

post-114244-1181780284_thumb.jpg

i also get disk I/O error and sometimes a 0x00000047 error

I have 80 G Seagate hard drive, i tried changing master, slave and cable select. I use Pata. I have Nforce 4 chipset, amd 3800+, ati 1600x. the systm supports the macintosh because i got it installed before. But the other hard drive was so noisy so i used htis one.

ok... you can't transfer an image of a working mac over to a piece of non-Apple hardware...

Apple embeds a TPM into each of it's computers... OS X interfaces with this to confirm that it is installed on a genuine Apple product (Steve wants youre money)... the DVDs that you used are illegally modified to bypass the TPM check so that you can use it on your regular computer... if you would like assistance setting up your mac with the downloaded DVD, i'll be glad to render my assistance *for development only ofcourse ;-). you must install OS X with a 'patched' DVD (basically anyone besides the Apple one).

NOTE: when you install, only install the kexts you need and no others, your processor sounds fine, but your interfaces sound shaky... try reinstalling off of JaS 10.4.8 using only the kexts necessary to run your CPU... this may result in a slightly slower system, but at least it'll run... PM me if u need help.