Whats a good mobo for SATA install?

9 posts in this topic

D975XBX is what I'm looking at.

Yeah I know the Wiki, trouble is I don't want to get something that is getting on in age.

The D975XBX is $80 on ebay and I need two.

What is a mobo that supports sata installs?

Yeah I know the WIKI, but im hoping for the latest and greatest under $100 osx86 board.

:P

anything with ich-7 chipsets (mostly just intel and 945 machines) will easily work with sata installation

-DiaboliK

p.s. the Asus P5LD2-VM is also a good choice, i have a write up on install in my signature

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

Basically writing to see what you guys did to install OSX on to a sata drive...I booted up 10.4i? of uphucks version and the hard drive doesnt show up. Is there a trick to getting it working? Do you have to have the right kind of hard disk? Please help! :unsure:

At the moment i am a great fan of the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3x Series. I have a regular DS3 which works just fine. On Tuesday i will get a DS3P with FireWire and two more S-ATA Ports (and i hope OSX will support more than 4 of it).

I got the DS3 with Corsair TwinX2048CL4 (not the exakt name, dont remember it) with a Core2Duo 6400 absolutely stable with 2.88 GHz instead of the 2.16 it originally has - the Gigabyte Boards are (in my opinion the Gigabyte boards are very noob-friendly to overclock :-)). My BX2 has problems at the moment, i will replace it with the DS3P. I never managed to overclcok the BX2, but thats maybe because i am a bit lame in reading forums and other FAQs. Or maybe my BX2 is simply bad.

So at the moment, ill recommend the Gigabyte Boards with the P35 Chipset.

GA-945GCMX-S2 ICH7

Also a good and cheap overclocker because it supports 333MHz FSB.

I can't find the P5LD2-VM anymore, but if you find it, then it's definitely the best for OS X although not a good overclocker.