WWDC Leopard: 9A466

munky

9 posts in this topic

Some initial reports are coming in of the WWDC'07 Build (9A466).

Marxy.org was the first to report his experiences installing the new build as an upgrade. Note that while he is having some issues, upgrade installs are not yet supported, so a clean install may have yielded better results.

Meanwhile, on the macrumors.com forums, user 'inkhead', who apparently was at WWDC and has first-hand experience of the new beta has been posting some initial findings.

Well, it works with 9A466, but its not supported. Its apple's way of saying 'do this if you like, but on your own head be it'.

I'll be doing a clean install just as soon as I can lay my hands on a disc! :rolleyes:

UPDATE: Marxy.org has now removed the posting. Apple Legal must've been in touch... ;)

I watched the WWDC 07 Keynote last night via the stream from Apple.com, I am sorry but the new desktop looks ugly. The new dock looks very Vista like as does the transparency of the menubar. Stacks seems like a very interesting idea and I like the fact that the UI is becoming universal.

I don't like Windows Vista and I love OS X, but really Apple, don't need to change their entire desktop to try and compete with Microsoft. Microsoft are trying to compete with them, they need to remember that.

>:P

Colonel had better seed his developer copy when he gets it (he is at WWDC, that's what he told me).

Was his "Colonel Paint" KFC-themed paint application enough to consider him a "developer?" XD